Multiplayer game, with items, levels, monster and PvP.

NicoA

Hi All!,

I want to introduce my first game in html5 (Phaser),  and, as you can see, I love to start with one of the most difficult of all the games!.

First a picture of the game:

Juego.png.cef38fa484a218ec52fb787e831598ae.png

And off course, a link to play it:

https://multionline.herokuapp.com/

As you can see the game is RPG like, and have the following features:

• ·         Multiplayer game (all the players in the same map for now!),

• ·         You can chat with other players (press enter, type message and then enter again),

• ·         Level up as you kill monsters,

• ·         Items drop with different attributes (more than 20 items types),

• ·         5 types of monster that appears as you level up,

• ·         6 spells.

The game is yet in alpha, we are showing a concept of how it will looks like when it is finished J.

The objective right now is to kill the cosmic monster, it is this one (it appears when you are lvl 5):

58e1194aac767_cosmicmonster.png.cc4f26f173a47b406d62ecccb347a1ec.png

To kill him, you will need really good items!, so try to equip as good as you can or engaged him with some other friends!.

I would like to thanks the two persons that help me do this game:

• ·         Leonardo: That make the tiles for the game and the side bar! (and help me to test it a lot!),

• ·         Julian: That make all the draws, specially the cosmic monster and the principal character!.

We are a team of people that love to play games, and love more to make them.

What we use to make this game? All of this:

• ·         Phaser C.E 2.7.5 (so great framework!!).

• ·         Node.js for the server.

• ·         Server and Client write in Typescript (much better than plane javascript, it help a lot to debug the game).

• ·         Some pictures and sounds were taken from http://opengameart.org/.

• ·         JS Signals by Miller Medeiros for the server.

• ·         TileMap to do the map of the game.

If you like the game please give us some feedback and ideas to continue the development of the game!.

Hope you enjoy it!.

@leonylyner Thanks! When we start the game i didnt know how to use Phaser, so I have to learn a lot just to start the game. We start the proyect 8 months ago, but just 10 hours per week  max because i have a full day job! I think the most important part was that, when i have the time, i always try to correct or to do something new for the game!

• 3 weeks later...

Good job! played it for some time :) Keep it up :) 

The biggest problem was - my PC started heating and was so loud (calculating something) while playing this game, so i had to refresh the website. You should find a way for better performance, to reduce this big loading. 

But as for early alpha - its super good! 

I like that randomness for items really much. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!, i have add more content to the game, the most important are:

• ·         I create the initial city, where all the players start theirs adventure

• ·         I build a tutorial map to help people understand the story of the game and learn how to play

The link for the game is: https://multionline.herokuapp.com/

Here are some pictures of the new improvements:

Principal MAP

594548c8dcced_mapaPrincipal.thumb.png.5a8934ba326c0fad472f532b6b187a91.png

TUTORIAL MAP

59454924937bb_mapaTutorial.thumb.png.2ee0d7fcc2f2f8462ba052a6da8090f7.png

The new graphics are mainly from Lost Garden and other pages that I will include in the credits of the game! Thanks for all the assets for the games.

3 hours ago, Jammy said:

Heya dude,

Great improvements! The tutorial is much more easier to follow now. Is there any spells that I can cast by clicking monsters? That would be a nice addition to the game play I think.

Thanks Jammy!, yes, you can click the monster to focus it and after that all the spells you throw will be to that particular monster!.

1 minute ago, NicoA said:

Thanks Jammy!, yes, you can click the monster to focus it and after that all the spells you throw will be to that particular monster!.

I wonder, could you add a "light attack" (lowest dmg attack) which can be cast on click, this would just let me weave spells more and have a chance when im empty. I think it will just let me enjoy combat more too and i'd love you forever <3

15 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I wonder, could you add a "light attack" (lowest dmg attack) which can be cast on click, this would just let me weave spells more and have a chance when im empty. I think it will just let me enjoy combat more too and i'd love you forever <3

Nice idea!, i will implement it in the next release and let you know,  thanks!

On 17/6/2017 at 5:21 PM, Jammy said:

Just add this feature to the game!, now when you click you do a basic atack, and you can do yours specialls atacks with number 2 o 3 :).

Is this what you have in mind?.

9 hours ago, PhasedEvolution said:

Great game! For real ^^ 

I was wondering how did you handle the multiplayer networking with phaser? Like server-client collisions etc

Thanks!,

I use socket.io for server - client communication.

To handle more than one map i use the rooms system of socket.io, the characters don’t collide with each other (you can be in the same place than another character).

To control the collisions of the monsters with the map i load the tile map in the server, and I don’t let the monster enter the restricted areas :).

23 hours ago, NicoA said:

Just add this feature to the game!, now when you click you do a basic atack, and you can do yours specialls atacks with number 2 o 3 :).

Is this what you have in mind?.

Ah cool! yes that feels much better and more balanced in fights :D can you program a fireball skill and a bow skill? that'd be awesome like mage vs archer/rogue, maybe even daggers

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working in the spell system. Now you can attack with the numbers  1, 2, 3 and 4 and use defensive skills with Q and E.

Also each spell is different now, some pictures here:

Hechizos.thumb.png.e40cdaa4879e380c1a076f6d20cf23e3.png

Also, I have included a portal at west of the map (under the tutorial portal) to the first mission: Kill a DRAGON.

Hope you like it.

@NicoA very good! im really liking the combat changes, it feels much more involved now. I went and killed 20 monsters and it all felt good.

Heading in the right direction and can't wait to see more. Maybe its time to add a quest? And maybe a shop to sell/buy things!