[SOLVED] Refresh rate for camera

jschwuch

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is any way to tell a camera to only render when I want it to. I have a setup with two cameras, where one of them shows the entire scene from above and the other shows only a small segment of the scene. I'd like to be able to render the camera that shows the complete scene from above only when something changed (I decide when a [significant] change happend, not BJS) so I can have better performance on the second camera which only shows a small portion of the whole scene.

My scene is rather big so that I have some serious performance problems when the complete scene is rendered on every frame.

I'm aware that I could use two planes with dynamic textures rendered from the two cameras and set the refreshrate on the renderTargetTexture, but as it is now I have two cameras with different viewports set and would like to keep it this way (don't want to change too much code).

I hope my question is clear and there is a way to accomplish this without using dynamic textures.