Music you listen while working.

scheffgames

I find that a musical background has a big influence on gamedev work. I'll share a couple of them here and I'm curious to hear what are yours.

Youtube it's the main source because it has auto playlists that will continue playing relatively similar songs.

1)Energy/Inspiring music: 

Ellie Goulding - BURN

Welcome to Saint Tropez - a bit cheesy, I know, but it's a great motivator for getting that sweet green.

Ma Cherie

Can't stop the feeling

2 Hours of epic music

2)Chill/relaxed music that can be listened for hours, great for programming:

9 Hours Nature sounds - Overall one of the best nature sounds videos on the tube. 

Jaytech Music - Good, constant house music. It blends nicely in the background.

3)Hard stuff - instantly gives a  boost of mental energy.

Prodigy (playlist) - Need I say more?

Heavy/Nu/Alternative Metal (playlist) - really shakes you up.

there's also a fourth category of music - specific genre inspiration. Sci-fi soundtracks for sci-fi genres, epic soundtracks for action/brutal genres, medieval soundtracks for rpg's, etc.

I find to difficult to focus and coding to music with lyrics.
Here is my mind-clearing, brain-hammering playlist for coding:

https://open.spotify.com/user/11124245166/playlist/2TFpK0HVz4nXZR3ValElsW

(I do listen more "inspiring" music from medieval harp to ambient/relaxing type, epic movie soundtracks to native american drumming - for drawing.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/4/2017 at 11:54 AM, Milton said:

A classical music station. It is claimed Bach improves IQ :)

On 14/4/2017 at 11:39 PM, scheffgames said:

Love Bach, especially the Brandeburg Concertos. Gives me a mental sophistication vibe. :)

Cool :D

I usually listen to Bach: brandeburg, english suites and lute suites, it depends on my mood :)

But also: The Cure, The Who and The Beatles, expecially Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
And I've just realized I use Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band while programming since I was 12-13yo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Carpark North - More
Maybe it's not the best music background while working but it's been giving me extra power in the evenings when I'm tired but still want to get somenthing done before sleep. I recommend stepping away from desk for a moment and try to feel like a singer during concert - it works better than a cup of coffee :D There are much more such songs but this one contains some 8-bit music elements so I thought it could be an interesting specimen for games creators.

@Nesh108 thanks for reminding me Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, tonight" - it perfectly fit my today's afternoon mood.

I'll listen to some chill folk rock. Mostly for ambience. The Avett Brothers, Bon Iver, the Lumineers, etc. 

If I really need to concentrate I'll go for soundtracks like Westworld's or remixes of theme music. There's a good remix of the Mad Men theme song that always pops up on my Amazon radio station, but I keep forgetting to save it.