Room Walkers!

Jimaginary

Hi everyone, I just finished this little project that I call Room Walkers. You can play it here: https://room-walkers.firebaseapp.com/

In the top-left corner enter a name and click "Play!". Then a character will appear which you can control with arrow keys. When other players join you can see them and they can see you as well. There is no attacking or messaging in this game, just walking around. ;)

I used basic JavaScript Phaser with NodeJS "ws" library on the backend. Let me know what you guys think. woot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry about giving you a link to a broken app! I was finally able to get it hosted with HTTPS and secure websockets (was pretty frustrating though!). I also had to get a domain name for the ssl certificate so I bought this cheap one: gameof.ninja. lol

Now when you type in your name and click play you should be able to control a little ninja. Use arrow keys to move, space to slash your sword, and hold shift to strafe. You should be able to walk around and attack other players in the room.

For some reason I seems that the server crashes and restarts when a dead player refreshes the page, but I just wanted to get it out there and see what people think.

I imagined this being similar to http://agar.io/ where the game begins with a popup asking you for your name and then drops you into the world where you play until you die and are then brought back to the initial popup.

In terms of making the game look nicer I want to make the map nicer export out the images better (for example, the character is being scaled down to 1/4 size which is why it looks really pixelated). 

For making it more fun I want to add a long ranged attack (a key) and a defensive shield move (s key or d key). I'm also considering allowing the user to choose between different types of ninjas on the initial popup page (eg. fighter ninja, archer ninja, mage ninja...). These different ninja types would have different starting stats and possible their own special move in addition to a basic attack and basic long-range attack.

I'm also thinking about having an in-game shop where you can power up your character until you die, but I don't want some people too be too OP and run around killing everyone (although that would be pretty funny, wouldn't it?).  

Anyway, give it a try and let me know what you think. :) https://gameof.ninja