Circuit Defender - worth selling ?

ScSupaplex

Hi, there's this game i worked on as my first project, Circuit Defender

- link: https://db.tt/wQWl1YC6

post-5714-0-97894400-1389176384.png post-5714-0-11440000-1389176385.png

- Pics from game

Original concept: post-5714-0-57798600-1389176451.jpg Map concept that never made it to final game: post-5714-0-58041900-1389176489.png

Its a tunnel tower defense game, you defend the passage, grab diamonds from fallen ships and build new towers, or upgrade the old ones.

It took some time for the game to be finished, but it seems that some publishers weren't really interested in it :/ 

I believe the graphical style isnt really what people want. 

I wonder tho, if i was to offer the game right away for a really low price, $100 for example, i guess it wouldn't really help much ?

Anyway, the game has all the functions it should have as a matter of mobile scaling, portrait/landscape mode.

3 tracks - menu, levlel1, level2 - made exclusively for the game. 

3 towers, and 2 enemy ships, 

Unique wave system individual for each map. 

Enjoy ! :D

1. Never ever sell full licenses for a price like that, you will shoot your own foot in several ways.

2. If it does not sell, beef up the graphics. Graphics are what sells games. You can get away with quite ridiculous gameplay (and far less sophisticated than yours seems to be) if it looks good.

1. Never ever sell full licenses for a price like that, you will shoot your own foot in several ways.

2. If it does not sell, beef up the graphics. Graphics are what sells games. You can get away with quite ridiculous gameplay (and far less sophisticated than yours seems to be) if it looks good.

1. I certainly realize that a price like that is a laugh if not even worse, but i invested in this game so much, and yet seems that NO one is interested in it, while in games made in couple of days have far higher interest, and while that is fine, i hoped for this game to earn something, at least something.. That price would be just for the sake of earning something instead of nothing, yet iam afraid that even a price like that wouldnt interest publishers, if they dont like the game i guess i would have to pay THEM to put it on their site... Iam afraid i cant sell the game for its true value, no one would take it at all probably..

2. I was actually thinking of that couple of times, but i cant really imagine the graphics update in this game, anything i came up with, it didnt make sense in this point of view the player gets here. I would mostly appreciate any ideas for this. 

And thanks :) 

It's really unbalanced.

1. Towers cost 100+

2. Ships give 10

3. Towers are not efficient

Nonetheless, don't undersell. Fix problems and sell like any other game.

Ill try to balance it out a bit more, already delayed time between waves and subwaves..  Ill try to ships to give double of what they give now.. 

And fixing the problems, well the graphics seems to be the biggest problem but iam not sure what else to implement there to fit properly... 

I completely agree with fatalfluff, such prices will break your neck on the long run.

It may be hard to see, that there's no interest from publishers (anyway, I would give them more time, most of them aren't probably working yet, maybe they are overloaded), there are always ways how to improve your game.

From my point of view, some things could be changed :

- better graphics

- give user some time to plant towers, before 1st wave comes (maybe user should start 1st wave)

- explain users, which tower is doing what

- I built most left tower and what the hell, had no money for other towers, all enemies passed through -> it's very unbalanced

- what's the circle between "pause" and "menu" doing?

Never try your game alone - as developer your point of view is biased. Family and friends can give you great support, but most likely they will don't want to hurt your feelings.

Show the game to strangers and listen to their opinions.

I completely agree with fatalfluff, such prices will break your neck on the long run.

It may be hard to see, that there's no interest from publishers (anyway, I would give them more time, most of them aren't probably working yet, maybe they are overloaded), there are always ways how to improve your game.

From my point of view, some things could be changed :

- better graphics

- give user some time to plant towers, before 1st wave comes (maybe user should start 1st wave)

- explain users, which tower is doing what

- I built most left tower and what the hell, had no money for other towers, all enemies passed through -> it's very unbalanced

- what's the circle between "pause" and "menu" doing?

Never try your game alone - as developer your point of view is biased. Family and friends can give you great support, but most likely they will don't want to hurt your feelings.

Show the game to strangers and listen to their opinions.

1. Graphics - Nothing seems to suit well there, i was thinking of changing it into a farmland with zombies and water guns, but how would it be presented in the game ? Point of view is top-like weird sort of, nothing isometric :/ 

2. Good idea, ill put there a button or so, 

3. Ill try to name them, that could help 

4. Ill double the value of diamonds you get from ships

5. Mute button

I've mailed sponsors about this game somewhere in the middle of december, havent mailed many of them but those which i did, refused. Saying its not the style they are looking for, therefore graphics. 

And well showing the game to strangers now :D Because for some time since its release, i had the game as a failure and didnt want to invest another second to it, rather wanted to create other games much more simple.. 

Where do you search publishers for your games?

Google - serached for various older flash sites if they support html5 now.. , and here on this forum. 

Well, showing game to strangers I meant, showing it to closed group before you will show it to publishers. You can make first impression only once.

And ye, don't give up, work harder :)

Ah, i see, was my first project at the time i didnt have any group of people that know anything about html5 and games for it :D No one told me that graphical style is wrong :/

i didnt have any group of people that know anything about html5

Now this might sound funny to you, but that situation is not totally unheard of among publishers and portals.. you will encounter one or the other hair raising incident in your time. So testing on unsuspecting subjects is not bad at all.

Or you could just "give away" your first few games, but build a name for your "company" - if you prove publishers that people play your games with hard numbers, they will take a notice.

Since it is your first project, I would not think too much of lack of interest just yet. Think how many indie game devs there are around these days. Or how many tower defence games there are.

I guess the idea is player is defending computer hardware? The unused concept art in your OP suggests that more than current art work, so try to get that in there.