Higher or Lower Card Game

Jadegames

Hi all,

I've just released a new game to the world and wanted to post it here for feedback and criticism.

It's called Higher or Lower, a card game where you guess if the next card in the deck will be higher or lower than the card currently on screen.

I've incorporated quite a few cardbacks that the player can select to help increase time spent in the game and the artwork was created by my girlfriend. I think the art style makes the game stand out from other higher or lower card games, certainly from the ones on Google Play. Additionally, I've added sort of a status smiley face to show how well you are doing in the game, the more you get wrong the more the face requires medical attention, it's a similar idea to the Ouch Face in Doom. 

The game will work on both desktop and mobile devices. It's been tested in various Android devices (Nexus 6, Galaxy S2, Nexus 7) and iOS devices (iPhones 6s, iPhones 5s) and I've not noticed any errors or anything. So please enable audio (which is OFF by default), play the game and let me know how you get on! 

Title.gif.f668d698dff6c2ae7418bf073e038b4f.gif58f15e6daf578_HoLCardBacks.gif.117bd5292ac55ddff79338b4d3ad69b5.gif58f15ed286ab6_GameScreen.PNG.eec26a745f7f3d157754411725b650c0.PNG

P.S. if you win or lose, click/tap on the big face for an audible...surprise

For a hobby project it's good enough, specially it's your first game. For a commercial title though, it's not. Here's some things it could use:

Faster animations, better graphics, strokes around the cards, a way to pause the game (or go to main menu while in the game), better choice of fonts. Additionally you could add odds for high/low arrows depending on how high/low it's the current card and multiply score by odds. 

I do like the face thingy though, it's a good way to show the lives left.

Keep making games, polish them to perfection, take inspiration from other successful/similar games and don't get discouraged. :)