Please help with WebGL errors

Fovi

Hi, i successfully made simple code that creates sprite and adds it to root stage. But i keep getting errors in console:

Error: WebGL: Exceeded 16 live WebGL contexts for this principal, losing the least recently used one.
Error: WebGL: texImage2D: Conversion requires pixel reformatting.
Error: WebGL: drawElements: This operation requires zeroing texture data. This is slow.

What do they mean, and how to fix them ?

Error: WebGL: Exceeded 16 live WebGL contexts for this principal, losing the least recently used one.

Means you created a more than 16 WebGL contexts and the browser is killing old ones for your new one.

Error: WebGL: texImage2D: Conversion requires pixel reformatting.

Means you loaded an image not natively supported by your browser so it has to do pixel conversion on the CPU.

Error: WebGL: drawElements: This operation requires zeroing texture data. This is slow.

Usually means you copy from outside the viewport into a render texture, so to fill the buffer the browser will create a zero-filled buffer.

As to what you should do to fix it, impossible to know without your code.

• 1 month later...

It also happens at http://pixijs.github.io/examples/#/basics/basic.js and any pixi application.

"Exceeded 16 live WebGL" happens if you refresh or reload the example a bunch of times.

"Pixi.js 5.0.0-alpha - WebGL 1 - http://www.pixijs.com/" pixi.js:30613:9
Error: WebGL warning: Exceeded 16 live WebGL contexts for this principal, losing the least recently used one.  pixi.js:30635:18
Error: WebGL warning: Exceeded 16 live WebGL contexts for this principal, losing the least recently used one.  pixi.js:18230:18
Error: WebGL warning: texImage2D: Conversion requires pixel reformatting.  pixi.js:21341:13
Error: WebGL warning: drawElements: This operation requires zeroing texture data. This is slow.  pixi.js:24800:13

This is a feature!

• 1 month later...

From my early learning with Phaser (which uses Pixi.js), I'd say you might be refreshing the page and, for some reason, the canvas you created on the previous page isn't erased, and it goes on until it hits 16 canvases. I know this error pops up after I refresh my working projects too many times.