1$ in 2 weeks Chalange

szczebel1995

Hello!

I'm quite new into game dev, just finished my first game for latest Ludum dare, now my goal is to earn 1$ in 2 weeks. 2 weeks for making a game from scratch and then make at least 1 dollar out of it. I see there is a lot of people that make thousands on this forum. My question is, whats the best approach? put it on the sites like itch.io and put price as 1$, make it free with donation proposition, ads? What's the quickest and most solid way of earning the first dollar from browser game?

thanks 

That's an interesting challenge.  I'm sure producing value worth $1 in 2 weeks is easy for anyone who has completed a Ludum Dare!  Whereas receiving the cash within the same 2 weeks may be much harder?  Shortcuts include selling what isn't ours, or promising the world for a small advance - let's try and avoid both.

An alternate view to sales (and cash-flow issues) is to think less about income and more about value.  For example, what do we spend online that might be exchanged for our game development skills?  Starting with a simple barter or market exchange is the easiest way to start generating value.  A crude example might be that if our game generates a single social follower that could be valued at the ~$2 an equivalent ad spending might cost?

Beyond that it's going to need to be a GREAT game these days to make any money at all.  So it's best to start making games for all the other reasons.