Paying For Custom Micro-HTML5 Games!

Hey guys,

I was referred here by some potential freelancers, and I am thrilled to find a community of passionate HTML5 Devs! Holy moly!

Anyway: I'm working as a producer, hiring out funny creative all-inclusive talent or teams to make small micro-games in HTML5. I provide the concept, script, and money: you make it into a game!

A great sample is this game a freelancer made for a political client; if that seems doable to you in terms of quality and style, let me know! I have money and work for you!

3 minutes ago, GameBuyer said:

@RubbleGames good question! I assume we own the games? But I'm pretty unschooled in the mechanics of this: if there's a compromise that gives freedom to our devs while satisfying our needs, that's good by me too.

If you are offering to purchase these games "non exclusively", that is, for $200 (or whatever) you buy the rights to place them on your site, but you also allow the developer to sell them on other sites (and make money from those sites as well).  If you want 'exclusive' rights, then the developer may only sell them to you, no one else, but then of course, you are the only place people may come to play that game, so there's a tradeoff.

@b10b that game was commissioned for $200 with exclusive rights ($250, actually, as there was some last-second major revisions). I feel like I got pretty darn lucky, and I'm wondering if I can get lucky again checking out here.

If not--and if the rate should be higher--I'm certainly open to that. I'm fighting for more budget room with games specifically, so I'm open to all bids by talented people.

25 minutes ago, GameBuyer said:

@b10b that game was commissioned for $200 with exclusive rights ($250, actually, as there was some last-second major revisions). I feel like I got pretty darn lucky, and I'm wondering if I can get lucky again checking out here.

If not--and if the rate should be higher--I'm certainly open to that. I'm fighting for more budget room with games specifically, so I'm open to all bids by talented people.

For a work-for-hire project of that quality and scope I'd say you're at least an order of magnitude lucky :D   Yes, probably wiser to set your $ expectation much higher else your chosen developer may miss their obligations or not be available next time?  Anyways, you make the project sounds fun which is half the battle won!

3 hours ago, GameBuyer said:

@scheffgames that's good to know! Would it be helpful if we kept that information under an umbrella org to protect our devs?

I guess it depends on the developer and how it will affect his future career. Some devs might want the attention, some might not. Better to check with them I'd say. :)

• 3 weeks later...