Stone soup games

ivanix

Hello all,

I am planning to launch a new gaming website and platform.  For the beginning I  want to provide a few decent free to play games. Later I plan for a more premium service.

I was hoping to develop most of the games myself, but the platform has been taking up most of my time, so I am looking to the community to see what could be done if more developers and artists got involved.  

As I blew most of my budget on the logo design and back end services,  I am pondering what would it take to get a revenue share model going.

My own experience and reading is that most developers and artists would prefer getting paid upfront either hourly or from exclusive/nonexclusive licensing on finished games. I get  a sense  that most frown or disdain revenue  share.

1st question,  what would it take to make revenue share attractive to developers, graphic, sound, music artists?

2nd question.  If either revenue share or upfront budget was available, what on average, would be the breakout among  developer, graphic, sound and music artists involved in a project?   

3rd, since this is an international site,   how to handle  contracts and agreements that span multiple countries and jurisdictions? Anyone with experience on this?

Much obliged for your feedback.