Can you use Flash to make HTML5 games?

Biggerplay

It's possible, yes. Basically all it is is CreateJS bundled into Flash and you can now lay down JavaScript code on the timeline in the Flash IDE. That's pretty much it. The process isn't much different to just creating a game with CreateJS directly, the only real advantage is that now timelined animations can export to canvas draw calls, so you don't have to sprite sheet everything. There are file size benefits of this of course, but at the cost of processing power, especially on mobile.

For god's sake don't do it... I'm just going through a heap of old Flash games we converted through the CreateJS export tools in Flash CC. They look great, and run decently on a desktop/laptop, but die majorly when on an iOS, and forget about Android. The only way to make things usable is to cache EVERYTHING all through the hierarchy. We're basically swapping everything over to sprites and CreateJS native (sort of).

Honestly, unless you're doing banners, I'd only set up sprites in Flash, then use Zoe as an export tool, and build the rest manually.

Good luck.

For god's sake don't do it... I'm just going through a heap of old Flash games we converted through the CreateJS export tools in Flash CC. They look great, and run decently on a desktop/laptop, but die majorly when on an iOS, and forget about Android. The only way to make things usable is to cache EVERYTHING all through the hierarchy. We're basically swapping everything over to sprites and CreateJS native (sort of).

Honestly, unless you're doing banners, I'd only set up sprites in Flash, then use Zoe as an export tool, and build the rest manually.

Good luck.

Ha, thanks :) Yeah I think I'm definitely edging towards Phaser.