How to edit U3D Babylonjs Editor Toolkit?

ozRocker

Does anyone know how I can edit the .CS files for the current Unity3D exporter and the changes applied?  When I edit the .CS files it doesn't make any difference within Unity3D.  It looks like I have to compile them into something.  The package does not convert prefabs into instances which is a big deal if you have 1,000 trees in your Unity3D scene so I want to add these changes to it.

I've tried contacting the original author of this package @MackeyK24 via forum post and private message but he seems to have disappeared

Sorry guys, i had to go have surgery on my spine... After 25 years of coding my C6 and C7 in my spine started messing up my hands and fingertips were burning... so i had to go back to AZ for surgery... i hope to be back in a couple weeks... ill try to answer any questions but typing is very limited while i recover

But im still alive... and havnt disappeared 

On 5/12/2017 at 7:07 PM, ozRocker said:

Does anyone know how I can edit the .CS files for the current Unity3D exporter and the changes applied?  When I edit the .CS files it doesn't make any difference within Unity3D.  It looks like I have to compile them into something.  The package does not convert prefabs into instances which is a big deal if you have 1,000 trees in your Unity3D scene so I want to add these changes to it.

I've tried contacting the original author of this package @MackeyK24 via forum post and private message but he seems to have disappeared

Not sure what you mean by editing .cs files do nothing... all the toolkit code is in the source folder... just edit as yiu sww fit and Unity should compile your changes... nothing special is required

As far as prefabs.. you have to remember the toolkit just exports cameras, lights amd meshes with various components... it does not actully convert anything including prefabs

But my new version 1.1 supports a little mini prefab system. I will try and shoot you a copy of my beta... maybe that will help you out

I gave it another attempt.  You are correct.  I must have been editing the wrong .CS files and I used Console.WriteLine instead of Debug.Log to test the output.

Thanx mate :)  I hope your surgery went well and you're fully recovered.  I get back problems too so I try to go jogging at the beach whenever possible to straighten myself out

Im scheduled for the 19th... cant wait... my fingertips been burning for s couple weeks while we tried epidural steroid shots in back, but that didnt work... gitta get cut on...

I recommend all developers get PLENTY of exercise in and dont just code for too many hours straight without taki g a break to work those muscles... 

You wont believe how painful that shit can be ... and expensive

I have got to totally change my routines and get plenty exercise...

My doctors says that shit can turn permanent and now i will always have some sort of issues with my spine

Exercise... Exercise... Exersice... Thats the only thing that will help in future

• 2 weeks later...