Build HTML5 Games for Firefox OS - free ebook [work in progress]

end3r

I was wondering how many of you would be interested in a free ebook about building HTML5 games for the Firefox OS platform. I want to write one, I'm totally into HTML5 game development and Firefox OS, I wrote few articles about it already.

I have no idea if I ever finish it, so I thought that it would be good to put the webiste online about the ebook first to motivate myself. I have only the cover and a table of contents right now.

html5games-firefoxos-ebook.png

URL: http://firefoxos.enclavegames.com

Let me know what you think about it.

Ps. I wasn't sure if WIP ebook should go to News and Links or Game Showcase forums, so please move it if it's not the proper place for posting.

Is developing on Firefox OS that complex or different than just developing for the Browser Firefox which would fill a whole book? 

That said - I am personally really interested in Firefox OS but havent touched it yet. So, I would definately have a look at your book.

Developing for Firefox OS is very easy actually, I don't plan to have 500 pages, more like 50. I just wanted to show the whole process of optimising the game, preparing manifest file, testing on the simulator and on the device and publishing in the Marketplace. You can say it's the extended and in depth version of the Preparing for Firefox OS article.

I didn't like Firefox OS how it broke my HTML5 game because there no way to use loader.

It's funny, lately for me Firefox OS has been the easiest to work with, while Samsung breaks some games and iOS7... well you know about iOS7.

Anyway, not sure if it's the right place to ask, but has anyone managed to have multi touch working? I've got a Keon, and the specs say multi-touch (and the pinch and zoom works), but I have yet to see a working demo of it...

I didn't like Firefox OS how it broke my HTML5 game because there no way to use loader.

Are you using a framework? What exactly was the problem?

Anyway, not sure if it's the right place to ask, but has anyone managed to have multi touch working? I've got a Keon, and the specs say multi-touch (and the pinch and zoom works), but I have yet to see a working demo of it...

Can't help you with that - I never used multitouch on Firefox OS, though it's a good thing to check and write about.