PirateBattle.io - New IO Game

eribra

Hello!

We made an IO game called PirateBattle.io and you can play it here: http://piratebattle.io/

Mobile app version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jettigames.piratebattle

IOS coming soon

poster.thumb.png.394812f1f147b37a5f4b7d35ed237407.png

You are a pirate ship and you shall collect coins and shoot other ships. Coins are used to upgrade your boat.

Controls:

Use mouse to move

Use left click to shoot

Use space to boost

Use 1, 2, 3 and 4 to upgrade your ship if you have enough money

This game is made using Phaser, socketIO, NodeJS backend and Nginx for serving the static files.

asdfff.png.21f2829d56f4ed174f984a39c4598a1d.png

PLAY IT HERE:

http://piratebattle.io/

2 hours ago, likealcohol said:

Doesn't connect for me, just get socket.io errors stuck on "Building ship". 

Also worth noting that while it's "building ship" I'm able to fire and see the cool down of cannonball when I click.

Hmm, its weird that it won't connect. What browser are you using?

The cool down is visible because it is manage entirely by the client and doesn't require a server connection.

21 hours ago, nrd said:

can you add right-mouse-button to boost?
liking it.. but i feel bad shooting at others tbh

Boost on right click would be great. Ill just have to find a way to get around the default browser feature when it shows "show image" when right clicking a canvas

@eribra game is great, good job. But i don't like the fact that you shoot at pointer from end of ship. Doesn't even feel anymore like a "ship" game without having cannons from sides. You could also make that you can upgrade cannon count at each level or something. 

On 2017-06-04 at 2:15 PM, kaasis said:

@eribra game is great, good job. But i don't like the fact that you shoot at pointer from end of ship. Doesn't even feel anymore like a "ship" game without having cannons from sides. You could also make that you can upgrade cannon count at each level or something. 

Thank you! I agree that its a bit weird with the cannon at the front, I'm thinking of adding a side cannon game mode with customization options more similar to diep.io. I think it would be good gameplay.

On 31.5.2017 at 6:02 AM, eribra said:

Ill just have to find a way to get around the default browser feature when it shows "show image" when right clicking a canvas

Simply add this line somewhere in your setup functions (I usually add it in create() ):

game.canvas.oncontextmenu = function (e) { e.preventDefault(); }

This will prevent the context menu from showing up and you can use the right mouse button for skills other features.

On 2017-06-09 at 11:11 AM, SeelenGeier said:

Simply add this line somewhere in your setup functions (I usually add it in create() ):

game.canvas.oncontextmenu = function (e) { e.preventDefault(); }

This will prevent the context menu from showing up and you can use the right mouse button for skills other features.

Thank You :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...