Unity scene exporter problem

CarlBateman

I converted an obj file to an animated fbx with mixamo.

I imported it into Unity then exported it using the Babylonjs export utility. While the animation seems intact the model did not fair well. See images.

Are there any special considerations or settings I may have missed?

I successfully imported a box exported from Unity and a more complex model exported from Clara.io with the same code.

sacksrc.gif

fail.gif

I would suggest you actually import the resulted FBX into something like Maya... use the maya art tools or something

like that to clean up and / or resave with proper skin influences... the use game exporter to just export the mesh and bones.

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2017 at 3:43 AM, CarlBateman said:

Mixamo models don't fair any better. Looks like I'm on a hiding to nothing here. :(

Did you try cleaning up with my Maya Art Tools... That usually works for me... I am able to clean up and RESKIN many models wheather I make them myself with something like Fuse or use ANY of the Mixamo Models... Just need to clean up (AND MAKE SURE YOU UV SETS ARE CLEAN UP)...

Better to have ONE main UV set... If you have a BUNCH of UV sets... Use the Reskin Tool... Enter a UV Set Name (example: map1 or even myuvs.. anything really)

Then RESKIN the model... ALL ups will get MERDGED into the one you named... THEN DELETE ALL THE OTHER UVS On THE RESKIN VERSION keeping only the one you named and making it the DEFAULT UV SET... Sometimes you gotta fiddle fiddle with removing the current DEFAULT UVset if named differently ythan the one you entered... I think I made a video showing this a while ago... Ask @MrVR for the link :)

2 minutes ago, MackeyK24 said:

Did you try cleaning up with m Maya Art Tools... That usually works for me... I am able to clean up and RESKIN many models wheather I make them myself with something like Fuse or use ANY of the Mixamo Models... Just need to clean up (AND MAKE SURE YOU UV SETS ARE CLEAN UP)...

Better to have ONE main UV set... If you have a BUNCH of UV sets... Use the Reskin Tool... Enter a UV Set Name (example: map1 or even myuvs.. anything really)

Then RESKIN the model... ALL ups will get MERDGED into the one you named... THEN DELETE ALL THE OTHER UVS On THE RESKIN VERSION keeping only the one you named and making it the DEFAULT UV SET... Sometimes you gotta fiddle fiddle with removing the current DEFAULT UVset if named differently ythan the one you entered... I think I made a video showing this a while ago... Ask @MrVR for the link :)

Hey @CarlBateman  the link is this one please @MackeyK24 correct me but I'm sure is this one http://mackey.cloud/files/videos/u3dmayatools.mp4