Monitise .io Games

Jadegames

I've created a few HTML5 games and want to push myself further and try to make a multiplayer game.

It got me thinking about monitising .io games and how other people monitise their multiplayer games, if at all. It would be nice if the multiplayer game I made covered it's own expenses.

I've not seen any adverts for something like slither.io and video ads would just ruin the flow of the game.

So I wanted to ask the community: how do you monitise your multiplayer games?

slither.io monetise with AFG (Adsense for Games). If you play long enough you will see the ads (full screen video interstitial). I also use AFG to monetise http://pie.ai - tried using adsense for content banners but was advised against it since it may be seen as violation of adsense policy.

I saw others using CPM networks... I guess you need to see what works best depending on geos, gameplay flow etc...

2 hours ago, totor said:

iirc Adsense for games required a high amount of players to be eligible for their program, so you may not be able to use them in the beginning or did they change?

They specify 1M monthly game sessions but I applied after 1 month and half with about 500K - as soon as website gets good volume on an uptrend you can probably submit.