Canvas2D moved to extensions

GameMonetize

Hey team,

You may have noticed that @Nockawa was not really available since a couple of months. He is going through some personal issues so contributing to OSS is not his main concern and this is perfectly understandable.

In the meantime, I had to move the canvas2D to the Extensions repo. I was receiving too much PR and messages to help fixing the canvas2D. As it was in the main repo, a lot of people expected to get the same support that they could get on Babylon.js core engine. This was driving a bad message and perception for Babylon.js.

Obviously, as soon as Nockawa will get better, he will be able to keep his great API moving. 

I moved documentation, issues and code. 

The Canvas repo is now here: https://github.com/BabylonJS/Extensions/tree/master/canvas2D

Please report any issue you may have

6 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

@Andy Zhuang: I recently introduced Babylon.GUI that could help: http://doc.babylonjs.com/overviews/gui

Yes. @Deltakosh Thank your reply. I have seen Babylon.GUI. And it's great for our UI related issues. 

But our another domain is CAD-related, which would contain many geometries, such as line segments, circles, arcs, cloud curves, etc. And also many interactive with these geometries, such as highlight, grip editing, transforming, etc. We also need can edit the geometries properties, such as colour, line width.

So I think a general-purpose 2D graphic engine (I think Canvas2D is for the purpose) is more appropriate for the CAD domain.

It seems to me that the extensions are under no obligation to maintain by their authors. I suggest you use the new API BABYLON.GUI which is maintained, more flexible in use.
But you can always make your bug reports.