10 posts in this topic

It's that time of the year again - time to start thinking about the js13kGames competition. The sixth edition will start on August 13th, 13:00 CEST and will run for a month. For those who don't know it yet: it's an online competition for HTML5 game developers where the fun part is the file size limit set to 13 kilobytes. Check the rules for details.

js13kgames-banner.jpg.39685b6d7aead38d1fb6a7ffff7ff085.jpg

There are always notable judges, lots of cool prizes, and free t-shirts for all entries shipped worldwide. See the forum topics from previous years for reference: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. Follow the compo profiles on Twitter and Facebook to be up to date with all the news and announcements.

I'm looking for prizes and sponsors, so if you can help with either of those please get in touch!

So, who's going to participate?

6 hours ago, rskgames said:

I tried but failed to submit a game last year. Will try this year.

Good luck this time then!

Be sure to visit our Slack channel - folks there are more than happy to help if you have any issues with your entry.

Great, looking forward to this!

As I transitioned from commercial gamedev into another dev occupation, I can finally afford making experimental games for fun, without feeling of missing out in terms of money :)

scheffgames, Mattia, b10b and 1 other like this

On 16.06.2017 at 7:38 PM, Red Spark said:

As I transitioned from commercial gamedev into another dev occupation, I can finally afford making experimental games for fun, without feeling of missing out in terms of money :)

Sounds great, enjoy the competition then!

There are already some updates and additions.

Sponsors:
- Mozilla

Judges:
- Jupiter Hadley

Prizes:
- 3 × Evil Glitch game
- 13 × Phaser Editor

More coming really soon!

I didn't hear about this last year until it was already over, but I'll gladly think of something to enter this year. Thanks for the update!

By the way, is there any better alternative to SoundBox sound engine for the purpose of this competition?

May be somebody already has a working minified version of their player.js?