chess related MMO alpha-testing

mansim

Its pretty nifty but a bit complex and slow paced. I seemed to have my horses get killed but I wasn't told why or when? Maybe I'm wrong. I managed to build a few fields and sent my horse hordes around to kill pawns but now they've been killed themselves I'm not sure how to earn enough money to buy new horses? Do I just plant a fuck load of fields and wait overnight? Does the game keep playing if I log out?

On my screeny "1" is where I thought my horses were last. Is there a battle log anywhere?

Senldd3.png

Sorry, i still don't have logs implemented. It should be in around v0.6..

For now, you just have to click on the field where is red number and see the fight - that number is how many fights were in that field.

This game is like travian - slow paced. Its a multiplayer. You can log off and come back and your resources will be increased.

There are more players around you. Your point is to conquer as many fields as possible to make your income higher and protect against players and against NPC. NPC movements are not implemented yet. But all black chess figures are your enemies and you should destroy them all.

Now these turrets are not shooting yet.. So you can destroy walls and turrets without loss. But in v0.5 i will make that turrets shoot in real time and destroy your armies slowly.

I wanna ask some questions.. You will help me with game fixing. I wanna make this game perfect :) 

1. Was tutorial helpful and clear? Was'nt it buggy?

2. What was your first impressive about this game in the first 3 seconds?

3. What do you think would be nice-to-have here?

Thanks! I will be programming this game probably for the next 10 years without break and implement totally everything best i could imagine :D I started from real army fights, in few months i will include better graphics.

41 minutes ago, mansim said:

I wanna ask some questions.. You will help me with game fixing. I wanna make this game perfect :) 

1. Was tutorial helpful and clear? Was'nt it buggy?

2. What was your first impressive about this game in the first 3 seconds?

3. What do you think would be nice-to-have here?

Thanks! I will be programming this game probably for the next 10 years without break and implement totally everything best i could imagine :D I started from real army fights, in few months i will include better graphics.

1. The tutorial wasn't buggy but sometimes a little confusing as the English wasn't perfect. But I made it through, so it worked.

2. As all games that are complex - at first it feels overwhelming, but after a few minutes it looks cool I like it, I don't like chess though but I understand its rules so the combination sounds familiar and fun, but not my kind of game overall.

3. Battle logs, images on the menu so it looks nicer and is easier to navigate, more animation when a battle happens or a field is built.

Hope that helps

Oh, i trough you have seen it :) This feature i was creating 1.5 year, and the whole game itself only 6 month :D

There are no nice units yet, only 2D placeholders. I have ordered 9 months ago, but still need to wait few month until completed. Then there will be all super cool looking nice units, looking like 3D. Armies of these.

But this fight showcase is used rarer as to see other information of that field, as i was playing.

1 minute ago, mansim said:

Oh, i trough you have seen it :) This feature i was creating 1.5 year, and the whole game itself only 6 month :D

There are no nice units yet, only 2D placeholders. I have ordered 9 months ago, but still need to wait few month until completed. Then there will be all super cool looking nice units, looking like 3D. Armies of these.

But this fight showcase is used rarer as to see other information of that field, as i was playing.

yknow if this game had better graphics and wasn't about chess, i'd probably keep playing right now lol, i do like these kind of games a lot!

It has only this movement of chess. But its more about tower defense, huge armies and area control.  I wanna have this game done now, but i have to finish programming everything :D Probably in 3 months i am finished with programming and then i start with graphics.

6 minutes ago, mansim said:

It has only this movement of chess. But its more about tower defense, huge armies and area control.  I wanna have this game done now, but i have to finish programming everything :D Probably in 3 months i am finished with programming and then i start with graphics.

I know how it is dude haha, Well when you have updates I'll definitely check it out - I may get past the whole chess thing haha