Hello everyone,

I just pushed out the alpha release of my new html5 game service called 2N1 Club.

The landing page at https://2n1.club     should pretty much cover the features in detail, so I will just post the high lights here.  

The main concept is to provide a LAN party service for smart phones.

The service allows anyone to start up a local game server in a Chrome browser on their desktop or laptop,  where by players then use their smartphones as gamepads to select and play games.  The browser is not only the game server but also the main display.   On the smartphone side,   the 2n1 Club gamepad app is requried, which I will be releasing shortly for beta testing. It will be available on both android and ios.   

For those with modern android phones,   a webapp for Chrome mobile now available to allow demo and testing prior to the release of the android app.

Main features of the service are

- It uses Single Sign-On for game hosting and player accounts.  No need to create another email/password account on my website, just use your own social account for sign in.   

- P2P network via WebRTC.   This provides a more responsive experience and reduces cloud server loading.

It also allows for more intricate use of smartphone sensors and outputs (gyro,  mic, camera, speaker, etc).

So in the future, more services can be added more or less easily and make for more interesting game play.

- It is designed to support multiplayer in the local setting just like in the old LAN party days. 

- Jukebox style playlist.  Players can either join games already on the playlist or add their own selection (if allowed by the game host). 

- Free to play.   The base service level will always be free to play.

At this time, there is one working game available currently called Duck Shoot.  It is not complete but has enough game mechanics to allow demoing the entire service.

- To connect to the local game server,  a Play Code is entered into the gamepad app after SSO.   For the native apps,  the Play Code's QR  can be scanned to simplify  the process.

About the demo game itself, Duck shoot:

- it's Phaser.io based.

- at this time it simply tracks the number of ducks and fish hit, as well as the number of ducks saved.  A duck saved is one that has entered the field of view and has left before being shot.

-  no scoring at this time.  the game ends when time runs out or there are no players left.

-  a solo version of the game is available just to see how it should look and run: 

https://2n1.club/IvxGames/live/games/ducks/tv/game.html

Now for some screenshots:

On the gamepad side: The 2N1 Club logo; Single Sign On screen (SSO); the Play Code entry screen in the webapp. Note for native there will be an extra button, "Scan" for scanning the QR code;  The game list; The playlist;

On the desktop browser:  The playlist screen prior to starting the game;   The Duck Shoot game in play;

On final note,  as stated on the landing page at the bottom.  I am currently looking for volunteers who would be interested in testing both the Android and iOS app.  The android app I will follow up with link to the google store when ready. For the iOS,  I plan to post on Apple's TestFlight service. This requires me to enter the email address from testers.   This can be sent to me via the form link shown in the landing page.

Much obliged for any feedback.

Regards,

Screenshot_2017-06-22-09-30-19.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-22-09-30-46.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-22-09-31-06.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-22-09-34-29.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-22-09-34-37.jpg

gamehost1.png

duckshoot1a.png

Edited by ivanix
web link was cut off for unknown reason