babylon.worker.js ?

ian

I think the babylon.worker.js uses web workers to run some routines in a background thread whereas babylon.js just runs the code without threads.

This is a case where I know the right words to put in a sentence but am not entirely sure I know exactly what they mean.:unsure:

This is for collision with webworker, but I find that collisions are extremely buggy. Slowing down a character who walks on the ground, and with time the character no longer advances as if he were held back by a force or extreme gravity that increases with time.

In short, I came back with babylon.js and everything works fine. So I give up webworker which has a catastrophic effect.

@RaananW

RaananW can you say anything about this topic?

Is babylon.worjer.js this about your blog

https://blog.raananweber.com/2015/05/26/collisions-using-workers-for-babylonjs/

Do we need babylon.worjer.js or not?

Is babylon.js enougt? Are physics workers implemented in babylon.js or in babylon.worker.js?

Do we need both babylon.js and babylon.worker.js if we want to use 

scene.workerCollisions = true;

greetings

Ian

• 11 months later...

Hello!

This is an old topic, but at this moment I'got the same question. In the repo I see that babylon.worker.js is regularly being updated, but docs say that the only thing we need to do to enable web workers is to set scene.workerCollisions = true (babylon.worker.js is mentioned nowhere). For example here:

https://doc.babylonjs.com/babylon101/cameras,_mesh_collisions_and_gravity#web-worker-based-collision-system-since-21

As this topic is without answer - the question is the same - do we need babylon.worker.js and when if Yes?