Detect Intersection of Submesh

nicktendo

Hey, sorry for the slow replies, NickT.  You must be asking difficult questions.  :)

Wanna see the mess I'm building... regarding your question?  I knew ya did.  :)

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1B0PF#7

Four "balloons" intersecting (sort-of) various submesh of a sphere.  Watch the console.

It is a bit FPS-bogged because... when intersect is happening, renderLoop is "streaming" console outputs.  Spraying them.  Fire hose!  :)

But hey, I got some subMeshId's going to console.  Submesh-level intersect testing!  Yay!  (kludge warning)

Real bad coding on my part.  Using pi.distance as an intersect conditional?  Sad, Wingy.  Sad.  :/

If somebody can re-code this in a way... that DOESN'T look like a baby wrote it with a chainsaw, we might have some success.  :D 

There's got to be better ways... but... I need that pickingInfo.subMeshId... and intersectsMesh and actionManagers... can't seem to provide that.  Still thinking and learning, though.

• 2 weeks later...

:D  It takes special skills, I tell ya.   Type an unbearably-long reply, assuming that the user is a 4 year old (ridiculous over-explaining of the subject, nowhere near on-topic, packed with failed attempts at comedy). 

Eventually, the user commits suicide out of tedium, and that is usually a workable solution.  heh.