LKGames

Hey, guys. I'm a web developer intern at an important company. To enter they asked me to make a game prototype on html5. I thought it was weird because I was from a small town and I was like the "prodigious child" at college. I thought I was the first one on making a video game on html. I thought i was the best until I was proven wrong. Well, I've been learning, making a lot of games of my own on this platform. Lately I've been working on this beat 'em up, and all my co-workers say this is awesome. But lately I've been wondering if HTML5-based games were actually video games (existencial question to me). Anyways, here's a screenshot of my game so far.

soulpuratosioednfa.png

On 28/06/2017 at 11:54 PM, LKGames said:

Hey, guys. I'm a web developer intern at an important company. To enter they asked me to make a game prototype on html5. I thought it was weird because I was from a small town and I was like the "prodigious child" at college. I thought I was the first one on making a video game on html. I thought i was the best until I was proven wrong. Well, I've been learning, making a lot of games of my own on this platform. Lately I've been working on this beat 'em up, and all my co-workers say this is awesome. But lately I've been wondering if HTML5-based games were actually video games (existencial question to me). Anyways, here's a screenshot of my game so far.

soulpuratosioednfa.png

1. Web development is NOT game development.

2. Tell them to get fucked. I've been a web developer for 10 years and never once coded something without having the job first.

3. The screenshot looks awesome fun.

4. HTML5 Based game are video games. any digital game played on a monitor is a video game I think

18 hours ago, Jammy said:

2. Tell them to get fucked. I've been a web developer for 10 years and never once coded something without having the job first.

Even thought I never ask people to make something for us when we hire/interview, but it's greatly appreciated to show and an all previous experiences and code. Especially interns, they usually have decent portfolio's these days so it's not that hard to segregate on code quality anymore. Usually people have a 2 month trial period when they get hired, that allows you to show way more than any project people may ask you to make. 

The screenshot totally reminds me of a combination of KIngs Tale: Final Fantasy XV and Little Fighter II

• 2 weeks later...