Official release of the Taalblobs project (created with Panda.js)

Stephan

largebanner1.thumb.jpg.e684bfbc91830f5006711d4567bdc9a6.jpg

Hi all,

Recently it has been a bit quiet on the forum so I thought it would be a good idea to post the announcement here as well as in the showcase forum.

I am pleased to announce that one of my biggest html5 projects was released this weekend. The project 'Taalblobs' is a commercial website with many educational games that is designed to practise Dutch spelling. It contains 25 games (all written in panda.js), approximately 5000 Dutch words, a reward system for pupils, an adaptive algorithm as well as the option for a manual override, an extensive monitoring system for teachers and many many more cool features, all designed to facilitate educational professionals. Currently Taalblobs will be available in Dutch only but I am thinking about porting the concept to other languages as well. (So if you are dyslexia expert and interested in participating, don't hesitate to contact me ;)!) 

If you are interested in the project, feel free to have a look and give a few games a quick try on the website https://www.taalblobs.nl/demo. You can have a look at some screenshots over here: https://www.taalblobs.nl/spellen.html

@Enpu: Once again thank you so much for your work on the Panda.js game engine and especially for making it publically available as an open source project. 

Stephan B)    

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Stephan

I had a look at the demo and the screens, and it's looking really nice! I wish I could understand it lol :)

I really like the graphics and the idea - awesome work!

I've got my ClickPlayTime project that I'm working on and its of a similar nature (puzzles, mini games).

Now that @enpu is back, I'd really like to start using panda again.

On 27-7-2017 at 1:59 PM, enpu said:

Hi @Stephan

You have done really nice job! And it's great to see Panda used on a commercial project, especially on educational games. If you have any suggestions or feedback on Panda, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Thanks!

Hi Enpu,

It's really good head that you are actively working on Panda again! :)

About feedback: first of all I want to say that Panda is just a great engine and I am glad I choose it for my project. There were little issues that I ran into during the programming and they could all be resolved quite easily.

Currently I am still working with Panda version 1.  I stuck to the masterbranch for stability reasons. Therefore I am not completely up to date with the features for version 2 though. I think the engine itself just rocks. Perhaps it would be nice if there would be a little more documentation for newcommers. I am thinking about some sort of blog that Ninjadoodle started for version 1 with a nice step by step tutorial for some sample games. I realize though that this would take quite some effort to produce.

Onze version 2 is completely stable and has been moved to the master branch I will have a look at how much work it is to rewrite my current games to the new version. 

@Ninjadoodle

On 28-7-2017 at 0:55 AM, Ninjadoodle said:

Hi @Stephan

I had a look at the demo and the screens, and it's looking really nice! I wish I could understand it lol :)

I really like the graphics and the idea - awesome work!

I've got my ClickPlayTime project that I'm working on and its of a similar nature (puzzles, mini games).

Now that @enpu is back, I'd really like to start using panda again.

Thanx for your positive feedback and yes, Dutch is quite a difficult language to master. (Javascript is in fact a lot more simple ;) )

Keep up your projects as well, you have made a lot nice games so far with Panda and I really like your work on the puzzle games.

Stephan