Kikiki - HTML5 Multipayer Battle Arena

simpleyuji

Hi guys. Me and my brother made a game. It's a topdown HTML5 multiplayer battle-arena game inspired from Mario Kart, Donkey Kong (although there's barely any similarity) . It's based on phaser on the client, and most physics are done on the server using p2.js . Networking is done via Socket.io (although will replace it eventually with just plain websockets), and protocol buffers for binary serialization. You move via "WASD" keys, "space" to dash, and mouseclick to shoot. Would love to get some feedback! You can check out the game below. 

http://kikiki.io/

Thanks. It currently has entity interpolation only, but yes, will definitely add client-side prediction to handle input-lag. Gameplay wise though, felt like something is missing. Not enough appeal, and not really sure how to describe it. I was also thinking of making it sort of a 2D battle-royale/last-man-standing type game, but if the basic gameplay mechanics is not good (which currently needs improvement), I feel like it just would not have the same appeal.