YngNAmbitious

[WIP] Mad World, Cross-platform MMORPG

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

My name is Mike and I'm from Korea.  Me and 14 other guys are making a HTML5 MMORPG called "Mad World".  

Here's its trailer.

[youtube]B9_5arnNDAw[/youtube]

And here's rain animation

The game has all the familiar features of MMORPGs but the combat is more face-paced.  It has hand-drawn artstyle like you see here.

I will be posting some updates here from now on, and maybe some development tips we learn along the way.  We want to be a pioneer in the area HTML5 in Korea which is still very new in the country.

We want to make it available worldwide by the end of 2018, so we still have a long way to go.  Any feedback is welcome by the way.

Thanks and let me know what you think of the game!

For more information on the game, you can visit our website:  www.jandisoft.com

or follow us on

Facebook

Twitter

Youtube

MadWorld_Screenshot13.jpg

MadWorld_Screenshot10.jpg

1 hour ago, Alectora said:

Now this is the real deal. Thanks for posting this in here, it's nice work so far. I assume this will be in desktop only?

Thank you!  No, it will also be available on mobile, iOS, Android.  We're planning to release it as many platforms as we possibly can.

Annobox likes this

Really really good!,

Im tring to create a game like this for some time... and yours is just too perfect!

Love that you are using spine for the animations!, it looks really nice!.

Hope you lets us play the demo version soon :).

YngNAmbitious likes this

7 minutes ago, NicoA said:

Really really good!,

Im tring to create a game like this for some time... and yours is just too perfect!

Love that you are using spine for the animations!, it looks really nice!.

Hope you lets us play the demo version soon :).

Thanks!  Spine is cool =)  Here's an animation of one of the bosses in the game:  I will definitely give you a heads-up here if there's any testing coming.

Wow, okay this makes me want to stop developing my game lol. Holy crap..

I do have to ask, are you using an in-house library/engine?

Edit: Oh okay, I'm dumb. I clicked on Engine on your site, I see! Thanks! Good luck!!

15 hours ago, WombatTurkey said:

Wow, okay this makes me want to stop developing my game lol. Holy crap..

I do have to ask, are you using an in-house library/engine?

Edit: Oh okay, I'm dumb. I clicked on Engine on your site, I see! Thanks! Good luck!!

Hi!  Are you developing by yourself?  We have 15 guys developing the game we have more resources I guess. =)  And yes we are using our own engine.

13 hours ago, Arcanorum said:

Will this actually be running in the browser on mobiles, or will you be packaging this up as a native app?

We haven't decided yet, but probably as a native app.

Looks really really nice , good luck !! I was wondering how your team is organised (especially how many artists , but also programmers, audio composers and/or other roles...)?

11 hours ago, YngNAmbitious said:

Hi!  Are you developing by yourself?  We have 15 guys developing the game we have more resources I guess. =)  And yes we are using our own engine.

Yeah, I really wish you the best. I hope your game can go viral and really hit it out of the park. The HTML 5 field is waiting for that "action MMORPG" I think. You guys will set a very high precedent

On 2017. 7. 14. at 11:09 PM, samid737 said:

Looks really really nice , good luck !! I was wondering how your team is organised (especially how many artists , but also programmers, audio composers and/or other roles...)?

Hi thank!  We have 4 programmers, 5 artists, 3 game designers, 2 animators, and 1 business/localization   We don't really have a composer, but one of our artists takes care of the sound design.  

samid737 likes this

On 2017. 7. 15. at 7:50 AM, WombatTurkey said:

Yeah, I really wish you the best. I hope your game can go viral and really hit it out of the park. The HTML 5 field is waiting for that "action MMORPG" I think. You guys will set a very high precedent

We hope so!

Can you please share more on what you did/used for development? What are using for 2d rendering, what did you use to create the levels, how are you able to balance all the numbers, frameworks and engines did you use, etc.

Looks amazing! Yes, I agree HTML5 could use some promotion. And as far as I have seen you guys are doing a good job doing so. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. ;)