[WIP] Mad World, Cross-platform MMORPG

YngNAmbitious

Hey guys,

My name is Mike and I'm from Korea.  Me and 14 other guys are making a HTML5 MMORPG called "Mad World".  

Here's its trailer.

And here's rain animation

The game has all the familiar features of MMORPGs but the combat is more face-paced.  It has hand-drawn artstyle like you see here.

I will be posting some updates here from now on, and maybe some development tips we learn along the way.  We want to be a pioneer in the area HTML5 in Korea which is still very new in the country.

We want to make it available worldwide by the end of 2018, so we still have a long way to go.  Any feedback is welcome by the way.

Thanks and let me know what you think of the game!

For more information on the game, you can visit our website:  www.jandisoft.com

or follow us on

Facebook

Twitter

Youtube

Here's the latest update

We are throwing an in-game Halloween event next week from October 30th to November 1st.  Anyone interested here's a link to the game. http://halloween.madworldmmo.com/  We will open the server during the event time.  Hope we see you guys there. =)

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.ca5a7c9cf29a191417449065478bbf1a.gif

Here's a wip customization system,.  Oh, and we recently opened a forum.  Come by and say hello if you're interested. =)

7 minutes ago, NicoA said:

Really really good!,

Im tring to create a game like this for some time... and yours is just too perfect!

Love that you are using spine for the animations!, it looks really nice!.

Hope you lets us play the demo version soon :).

Thanks!  Spine is cool =)  Here's an animation of one of the bosses in the game:  I will definitely give you a heads-up here if there's any testing coming.

15 hours ago, WombatTurkey said:

Wow, okay this makes me want to stop developing my game lol. Holy crap..

I do have to ask, are you using an in-house library/engine?

Edit: Oh okay, I'm dumb. I clicked on Engine on your site, I see! Thanks! Good luck!!

Hi!  Are you developing by yourself?  We have 15 guys developing the game we have more resources I guess. =)  And yes we are using our own engine.

11 hours ago, YngNAmbitious said:

Hi!  Are you developing by yourself?  We have 15 guys developing the game we have more resources I guess. =)  And yes we are using our own engine.

Yeah, I really wish you the best. I hope your game can go viral and really hit it out of the park. The HTML 5 field is waiting for that "action MMORPG" I think. You guys will set a very high precedent

On 2017. 7. 14. at 11:09 PM, samid737 said:

Looks really really nice , good luck !! I was wondering how your team is organised (especially how many artists , but also programmers, audio composers and/or other roles...)?

Hi thank!  We have 4 programmers, 5 artists, 3 game designers, 2 animators, and 1 business/localization   We don't really have a composer, but one of our artists takes care of the sound design.  

On 2017. 7. 25. at 0:21 AM, gregmax17 said:

Can you please share more on what you did/used for development? What are using for 2d rendering, what did you use to create the levels, how are you able to balance all the numbers, frameworks and engines did you use, etc.

Hi!  We use an engine based on our own technology and a collection of modified versions of open source libraries like PixiJS v3 (for 2d rendering).  We use Spine for animation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 4:47 AM, YngNAmbitious said:

Here's the latest update.  We recently did a cross-platform test to see how synchronized the game runs on multiple platforms, and here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLZWfnnG0A

Although we noticed a few hiccups here and there on a low spec smartphone. we are quite pleased with the results.  

Awesome! Just curious does it run good at 144 fps? Was curious because  RAF will match the monitor's refresh rate so the possibility of 144hz will be there. Very eager to try it out, looks like it'll be a big hit

On 2017. 9. 8. at 3:27 PM, WombatTurkey said:

Awesome! Just curious does it run good at 144 fps? Was curious because  RAF will match the monitor's refresh rate so the possibility of 144hz will be there. Very eager to try it out, looks like it'll be a big hit

Thank you! Yeah, it will be really awesome if the game gets some buzz.  We haven't tried but maybe will try in future tests. =)