First Game Launch - Chickie Can Fly

fupersun

Hey Everyone, 

I just released my first HTML 5 game with Phaser and excited to share with you all!

A little background on the game:

• It took around 3 months for me to complete start to finish
  • I created it with Phaser and Phonegap
  • I created the art and dev’d it but bought the audio assets from Audiojungle.net
  • My cousin made the title music

The story:

One day a little Chickie looked high in the sky and dreamed of flying. Of course, chickens can’t fly, so every-chickie made sure to mention it, but Chickie held fast to it’s dreams and was determined to fly. One day, it came across a magical hat that allowed it to fly! Finally! Chickie was flying high! …as long as it didn’t lose it…

Fly as high as you can while avoiding birds, collecting coins, and unlocking new hats and playable characters!

- Check out the desktop Web version on Kongregate here. (please feel free to Rate and Share, it helps a ton and is much appreciated)

- And download the app on iOS here.

- Once again thanks guys and looking forward to any questions and feedback!

- Learn more about FuperSun

I wanted to make something that I could get my feet wet with all of this and release my first app. I couldn’t have done it without all of you guys posting questions and answers, joshmorony.com and of course PHASER! Woot! Thanks for making such an AWESOME product, that’s so fun to work with! 

Also, releasing an update over the weekend that recycles sprites correctly (haha) and makes it buttery smooth after the higher levels (around 700 you may notice some lag with current version)

screen-4.png

screen-3.png

screen-2.png

screen-1.png

14 hours ago, Juan said:

You have made a really good start in Phaser, nice game!

By the way, it looks like Phaser is failing to load an image:

1LAurPL.png

Hey Juan! Thanks for checking it out, shoot it looks like it didn't load all assets on first round, after refreshing were you able to see them? Thanks for pointing this out!

On 16/7/2017 at 3:08 AM, fupersun said:

Hey Juan! Thanks for checking it out, shoot it looks like it didn't load all assets on first round, after refreshing were you able to see them? Thanks for pointing this out!

Oh yeah! It's ok now.