0Hayes

Need help finding the right look for your game?

It was an interesting watch although an abrupt ending even if it is just part 1. I was hoping for a conclusion where we look back at the concepts and stuff... I guess it'll be in part 2, but in future just put a smaller conclusion at the end of a video maybe? coz this just kinda built me up only to cut me off.

I look forward to part 2

12 minutes ago, Jammy said:

It was an interesting watch although an abrupt ending even if it is just part 1. I was hoping for a conclusion where we look back at the concepts and stuff... I guess it'll be in part 2, but in future just put a smaller conclusion at the end of a video maybe? coz this just kinda built me up only to cut me off.

I look forward to part 2

Thanks Jammy, I appreciate that. I never considered adding a conclusion as I was focused on the next episode. I'll make sure every episode has a little more substance at the end.

Cheers!

3 5 & 6 are my favourites. the lava glow on the walls in 6 is nice. 3 has a great feeling of depth something those dark lines in 4 detract from imo. cheers for the vids.

6 hours ago, hotfeet said:

3 5 & 6 are my favourites. the lava glow on the walls in 6 is nice. 3 has a great feeling of depth something those dark lines in 4 detract from imo. cheers for the vids.

@hotfeet Thanks for the feedback and sub! Couldn't agree more, concept 4 could be improved but right now it's a little too unfocused. I also have the suggestion of mixing some of the elements in concept 3 and 5. Particularly with the higher contrasting background. I think there's something to be said about how well concept #3's foreground stands out.

I'll be totaling up the votes later today. So far 5 and 6 are clear winners though can definitely stand to be improved with some of the more successful elements on the others.

If all goes to plan I'll have episode 3 ready later today!

tumblr_otm1nemZdg1trxzz8o1_1280.png

Episode 3 is recorded! They’re messy but very important. 

In this stage I take on all the feedback and see how it works with the original concepts. They are a little rough around the edges but they’re perfect tools for creating the next stage of mock-ups.

Voice over and editing still remain so I'll keep you folks posted when I can.

It’s taking me a little longer than usual to find the time for editing and VO this week which has put a bit of a delay on episode 3. So to hopefully make up for this, here’s a preview of one of the mock-ups I’ve been working on for episode 4!

tumblr_otsipfFf6f1trxzz8o1_540.png