Room Design

Art Vandelay

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the 3D world and was hoping for a little advice.

I would like to create an online platform where you can "decorate" a room with different 3D models of furniture. So basically, you can put different models in a room and move things around. In your experience, would Babylon.js be the way to go? Considering loading times, ease of use etc...

Thanks

On 30/06/2017 at 5:21 PM, JohnK said:

After my last excursion into building a house with BJS the corners bugged me a little as they were basically different wall butted together with one edge showing. Also you had to make individual walls and place them correctly. Plans for a house are often shown as just a floor plan so I began to wonder if I could build a house from a floor plan. At this stage just taking a plan and entering measurement as data into the floor plan builder.

This is the result http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#4GBWI5#2

You can read how to use the buildFromPlan function here http://babylonjsguide.github.io/gamelets/House#the-function-and-how-to-use-it and there are more details about its construction.

One thing I have yet to fully write about is setting the interior and exterior textures and colors but this uses the same method as Jerome's faceUV and faceColors method but instead of an array being needed there a just two parameters to set. The other main point about the uvs is that I have set them so that they are scaled according the width of the wall. If the width of the longest wall is 1 and there is a wall of half this length then only half the texture image is used for this wall. In other words if the texture is stripes and the longest wall is covered by 20 vertical stripes then the half sized wall will be covered by 10 vertical stripes.

Who knows perhaps I will tackle roofs next.

Hy there and welcome to babylonjs, you can take a look at this forum it has some building strategies there, but i recommend you go to the official babylonjs website[babylonjs.com] to learn a few api's and functions, and you're good to go

hi

i work on geometry Builder tools i upload a test version and work on docs too ( i wanna make video sample for documentation )

in this tools you can make your geometry from SVG path (Surface and wall ) and can get 2 kind of export (.obj and .gbs ( GeometryBuilderStructer very small size )) 

http://www.coffework.com/eash/tools/

UV Editor and Material Builder  Under progress :) estimation for alpha version  3 - 5 weeks