"PacDude Hero IV 110% Turbo" Alpha1 - Please Test!

JeZxLee

Hi,

We are on schedule to release Beta1 on Thursday, August 3rd...

Please help test below Alpha1 version:
http://16bitsoft.com/files/PixiAudio5JS/index.html
(should be stable and source code is clean)

Let us know if you see anything wrong or have suggestions for improvement.
(will be adding the ghosts on Wednesday & level progression is Thursday)
Thanks!

JeZxLee

Heya @JeZxLee,

Played a bit the game and I start off with some things I liked:

- Secret Code:  Such a throwback, love it and I hope you will add some really fun unlockables :D 
Music: Nice vibe, excellent for an alpha1 version

About the things you should improve on (the most important thing of anybody's review, really):

- "Press [Esc]": It was so large and PacManDude was not responding to WASD, so I pressed it and found myself back to the main menu... So, I'd say to show it a bit less imposing (perhaps upper-left part of the screen?) and replace it with the basic controls.
Controls: Definitely gotta support WASD as well. You've got a huge chunk of people (me included) who just starts a game with their fingers already on those keys, I found myself surprised that it took me THAT long to try the actual arrow keys, all the time I thought I had to do something else to start the game (hence the reason why I pressed Esc).
- Powerup Effect: I see what you were going for but it really looked extremely annoying, and there are currently no ghosts! Imagine being chased by one and having that coming onto your face.
Extra sound effects: As I was playing, there were some extra sound effects which came from nowhere (I imagine them being for the ghosts) but they were definitely a bit too high and too common. They covered the sounds made by the main player. As a suggestion, since you are going for a zoomed in experience (opposed to the global view), you should make the ghost more "ghostly", that would definitely creep me out and add something to this game (maybe only available in the Adult mode).
Graphics: I guess they are gonna be polished in the future versions but yeah, you probably know already.

That's all! Keep it up and don't forget to add your own twist to this classic. I am a strong believer that classics can be hugely improved by adding just a little bit of "juice" and proper plot.