[Phaser] Power The Blocks

DanielK

Wow, solid game, I really like it. :) It reminds me of Cut It in that it's a simple idea but very well executed. Nice clean graphics, sounds and menus.

Only minor point is that the puzzle do get a bit repetitive. Part of that is caused by having too many blocks in a level I think. Because then you can just move the blocks around until you stumble on a solution. These kinds puzzles games work best if you remove all but the bare essentials, so have the fewest possible blocks on screen and still have a challenging puzzle, and maybe even solvable in more than one ways (easier said than done I know).

So IMHO ideally each level should have a 'clear idea' behind it. I mean for example level 3 is good example of this or level 16. However level 14 is not as good, because it just looks like a lot of blocks are jumbled on the screen and it's solvable without using 3 of "plungers" blocks. Same for level 17, which is solvable without using the fixed block.

powertheblocks14.png

And also a minor point, at the end of the game a "reset level" button would be nice. For when you want to restart the same level if you didn't get all the stars.

I think this is a great game. Simple and well executed.  BdR makes some good points on the mechanics. But I want to say visually the Squinting BOX guy unnerves me. He just kind of blankly looks around the screen randomly like he's seeing things that aren't there, mouth agape and he squints a lot.  Is he on drugs? He looks like he's on drugs. Is that what this electricity is? A way for him to get his kicks?  

jokes aside if you go back to replay an old puzzle to get more stars it should take you to the menu, not the next puzzle in the series and when replaying a previously beaten puzzle with a tutorial segment I think the tutorial running again is unnecessary. 

I agree, looks cool and works nicely; feels professional made. I agree with BdR on the levels, partially: his logic resounds with mine, but given my short interest span, I prefer it as it is; it wasn't neither too hard nor too easy for me: got tired by level 18.

Now for a few issues: I don't see a point on the "continue" button after first loading. At some point in the game the pause button didn't work. Music is perfect for it but it needs more soundtracks.