Phaser text auto resolution broken?

Legomite

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm not doing something right but the Phaser text resolution isn't automatically adjusting. I saw the example of high dpi and low dpi text https://phaser.io/examples/v2/text/text-resolution which purposely sets the resolution of the lower one to "1". My MacBook has a 2880 x 1800 display and it always sets the resolution to "1". I manually adjusted it and it's really crisp at "6". Why won't it scale automatically? On my iPad it won't work either. The game is set to scale the width and height to the browser window. Please help!

Not sure exactly what you mean by 'automatically adjusting'.  But the example you referenced on a retina display will show a nice crisp 'High DPI Text' and a fuzzier 'Low DPI Text'.  The default resolution is set to window.devicePixelRatio in the game config (=2 on retina display).

The overall crispness will depend on the resolution setting and the amount of canvas scaling, nothing is automatic you have to set things how you want them.