Is there any limit of performance?

Kether

I noticed when building you want to use something like prepros to build on a local as many browsers have conflict issues using local sourcing for images and a couple other things, but working on the local host I havn't had any issues other than the occasional hard refresh needed

2 minutes ago, Mezzorio said:

I noticed when building you want to use something like prepros to build on a local as many browsers have conflict issues using local sourcing for images and a couple other things, but working on the local host I havn't had any issues other than the occasional hard refresh needed

I didn't use any image, just white ball without textures.

Performance is still better, I have noticed issues relating to crashing in browsers but unrelated to the amount of work being carried out, I have had some issues with slow loading in of content, i'm playing around with sprites at the minute, but using fewer large high quality images and it takes a fair few seconds to try and load them all in slowly

25 minutes ago, Kether said:

I tried to make 9999 balls in Babylon playground

Have you tried fewer segments in your balls? Are you using instances or clones? Have you tried Solid Particle System? 9999 is a lot of balls.

Just now, JohnK said:

Have you tried fewer segments in your balls? Are you using instances or clones? Have you tried Solid Particle System? 9999 is a lot of balls.

I just want to know if chrome (or Babylonjs) can take advantage of PC performance.

If chrome can't not use 90% performance of my PC, it will be a big problem I think.

I doult there is a performance limit to chrome single page, because chrome is design for web brower

How are you measuring performance? JS execution is (mostly) single threaded so if you have a multi core CPU one of them might be maxed out but your monitoring tool might be averaging across cores so whilst it looks (in that tool) like your CPU isn't taxed (which it isn't!) you have in fact reached the limit on a single core, which is all JS can use.

I'm less clear on how to accurately measure GPU.

And, yes, Chrome is just an app/program on your computer, it has the same access to the hardware as any other app/program.

50 minutes ago, mattstyles said:

How are you measuring performance? JS execution is (mostly) single threaded so if you have a multi core CPU one of them might be maxed out but your monitoring tool might be averaging across cores so whilst it looks (in that tool) like your CPU isn't taxed (which it isn't!) you have in fact reached the limit on a single core, which is all JS can use.

I'm less clear on how to accurately measure GPU.

And, yes, Chrome is just an app/program on your computer, it has the same access to the hardware as any other app/program.

Thanks for reply

My bad English can't tell it, please look this image, and the FPS is 17, test in electron, same result in chrome598b07389214d_test(1).thumb.png.eb443438ebd0b068d49c36c1be0c3e5e.png

12 minutes ago, jerome said:

If you want to draw 9999 balls, it will require 9999 draw calls to the GPU. 

Instances or the Solid Particle System can do the same work in one single draw call.

http://doc.babylonjs.com/overviews/solid_particle_system

http://doc.babylonjs.com/tutorials/how_to_use_instances

I want to test how much performance can take by Chrome, not really want 9999 balls in my game.