[WIP][Phaser] Fruit Spritzer

pgregory

Fruit Spritzer is a WIP match3 (Candy Crush, Bejewelled) style game. Simple mechanic, fun, fast paced, score as much as possible in 60 seconds. High scores are recorded online, thanks to GameJolt. 

http://gamejolt.com/games/fruitspritzer/273499

Swipe to swap neighbouring fruits, 3 matched fruits squish, longer matches result in bonus combos, that when matched result in super-squishes:

• Explode - squish all fruits surrounding the match in all directions.
  • Slicer - squish all fruits in the row/column from the match.
  • Blender - squish all fruits of the same type as the match, matches with any fruit type.

Match two bonus combos for surprise super-combos.

Unlike many match3 games, the engine doesn't prevent interaction while the previous match is still running. Because time is of the essence, Fruit Spritzer allows you to continu making matches even while fruit are dropping and chain reactions happening, resulting in frantic and challenging gameplay. 

Think quickly, move fast, score high.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 23.40.32.png

ooh I really love the feel of this one. The bouncing and the speed makes it much more immersive! This is a really good game!!! :D

Only thing I'd add is showing your score at the end of the round when it says game over, and auto showing the high scores screen after you enter name.
And with the highscores, if you use the same name, it overwrites all your scores from before and gives multiple positions in the table. Look at me haha, 3, 4 and 5 ;), even though I did earn those, 17K x2 and 18k!

• 1 month later...

Hey, sorry for the slow response to this, been away from the game for a while. Thanks for the positive comments, and suggestions. I will be returning to this game development soon, so will take all your comments on board.

As I'm primarily a developer, not a game designer, I'd love to get any and all feedback on the gameplay itself, any thoughts on how it could be improved. Mainly, I've gone for a simple approach, more Bejewelled than Candy Crush, which is level based, was this a good idea? My worry is that the interest will wane without the constant challenge to progress that Candy Crush provides.

• 1 month later...

Fruit Spritzer is now launched on Facebook. I've made a lot of changes in support of moving to Facebook as a hosting platform, including integration of PlayFab and Facebook login. Also, lots of changes to the gameplay mechanic, visuals, and audio effects. Comments and thoughts welcome.

https://apps.facebook.com/548164305516099

For the devs here, this is a combination of Phaser and Vue, taking advantage of the capabilities of each to produce a better experience for the player, and a more stable and manageable environment for me, the developer.

Cheers

Paul