How large are the files? Page flipping? Linking to databases?

Julz57

Hi @Julz57

On 9/6/2017 at 7:08 PM, Julz57 said:

No I haven't used the editor yet. I always scan through documentation first to get an idea of what, where, how and why. Just an old habit. I tend to get an overview and then jump in.

Ok.

So I saw the exceptions listed in the Phaser editor documentation link that you provided. For example not recognising the '.' and needing to use '_' in some cases for autocompletion.

No, the "_" is only needed by the IDE in the inside, in its own definitions, you don't need to use it, you will code only Phaser code. For that reason I recommend you to try it, could be many other "issues" related to preferences and work style, tools imposes a workflow and developers have their preferences.

You said it was just an executable file so I can just download it and save in my file system and it will work? Thant sounds just too easy to be true and my kind of installation. This would reduce the fear of the risk of my Linus distro crashing irreparably. I worry about the things that I do not know or understand. Linux and Windows are different executables?  Presume yes. Are the help files inbuilt or a separate download?

Yes, you can download, unpack it and run it. In case of linux before you have to execute the SetPermissions.sh script, just look that part of the doc: http://phasereditor.boniatillo.com/docs/first_steps.html#notes-for-linux-users

Executables of windows and linux are very different.

The exceptions listed was in your link why I was interested in Sandbox. Using two tool instead of just one.  I really don't think my coding is going to be very complex so perhaps I am worrying about nothing? The most complex aspects will be the HTML API calls to Save and Load/Read files. And from you say this will be simpler in Phaser editor. Only .txt files in any event.

Cheers

Yes for that reason I recommend you just try both things, just take the time to play with the tools you have at hand, do a simple stuff, it will tell you what's the best for you, more than any doc :)