JeZxLee

Running PixiJSv4 Project *Locally* On Google Chrome?

Hi,

Been a while...

I have a problem:
My favorite desktop is a slow custom thin client.
I run Linux Mint 18.2 KDE 64Bit on the thin client with a Win 10 virtual machine.
On Win 10 VM there is no hardware acceleration so WebGL won't work - so that's a lost cause.
On native Linux Firefox there is no hardware acceleration so the game runs too slow in HTML5 mode.
On native Linux Chrome there is hardware acceleration but the game does not run locally.

So that's my problem.
How would I get PixiJSv4 game to run locally on Linux Chrome?
I am using Linux Mint 18.2 KDE 64Bit with a rather crappy Intel HD GPU.
I remember there is some method to run the PixiJSv4 locally on any browser, but I forgot what it is.

Any help would be appreciated...would really like to use the thin client desktop with PixiJSv4 game dev.
Thin client is over-clocked to 2.42GHz with 4 cores and has 16GB RAM w/512MB RAM dedicated to the Intel HD GPU.
(also, I absolutely will NEVER run Windows native on ANY of my computers EVER, so don't tell me to try that)
Thanks in advance!

JeZxLee

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by running it locally on the browser. Maybe someone else will know what you're after or maybe you can explain more what you want that's different than normal...

You have basically these options (as far as I know)

1. Use a browser supporting local files. (For example the NWjs in the previous post)
2. Creating a local web server and hosting files through that. I use a small python server whenever I need to run something locally outside of development.
3. Use a tool like Fiddler to create response from  local system on certain urls. (I use this method)
4. Run chrome with --allow-file-access-from-files flag.
5. Put everything you need to load inside js file as base64 and parse the data dynamically. (not recommended)

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I modified my Linux menu to open Google Chrome with "--allow-file-access-from-files" flag.
Now I can use the slow thin client desktop with WebGL game dev and Linux Chrome locally.

Many thanks!

JeZxLee