Physics Movement

MackeyK24

Hello good people,

I was trying to follow and saw a lot of code that was (partly) familiar. Anything you wish to integrate in the framework? any questions regarding why it was done the way it was?

I also swiftly saw a post about a new cannon release. If it is stable, we will do our best to support it, but cannon is still officially in 0.6.2, and I (sadly!!) don't see any progress in the development or a new release coming up soon.

2 hours ago, RaananW said:

I also swiftly saw a post about a new cannon release. If it is stable, we will do our best to support it, but cannon is still officially in 0.6.2, and I (sadly!!) don't see any progress in the development or a new release coming up soon.

The "new" version is still a couple of years old. It's just the 64 commits added after the latest (0.6.2) version. It has some bug fixes as well as a few functions and events.

https://github.com/schteppe/cannon.js/compare/v0.6.2...master

I've given it a spin, and so far I haven't found any stability issues. The differences are minor, but I think you should replace your CDN versions, as at least the beginContact and endContact world events are very useful.

A getHeightsFromImage function has been added as well, although we already have such function creating a heightfield impostor on a ground object from a heightmap.

I'm using the following versions(So I didn't have to build it myself :O): https://github.com/spacejack/cannon-contact-example/tree/master/js/vendor

And so far I haven't had to change a single line of code in the projects using the "old" version.

I don't see any progress being done in CannonJS either. When EnergyJS gets released, we'll just have to hope that someone dedicates some time to improve upon it. (If it's open-sourced).

On 9/28/2017 at 9:32 PM, Mythros said:

@MackeyK24 Please release a demo kind sir! <3 

Not a demo... But a preview... I am still working on a few things for the preview... I m trying to work out specifics on dealing with Animation States, Any States and Partial 1D Blend Tree Support (will interpolate between single animation clips based of EQUALITY tree conditions... Experiment to get basic blend tree going for things like Grounded Locomotion States)...

Anyways... Im not quite done with that part enough to show it off yet.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:09 PM, HeadClot said:

What about it is holding you up?

Terrains (which is a big part of Environment Scene Creation) is screwed up... Basically I need to be able to do a Texture Atlas... Without texture atlas... there is no point trying to get what could amount to 28 additional textures (other than already being used in the shader pipeline). The MAX_TEXTURE_LIMIT is a problem... esecially on mobile.... But I have encoded all texture splats and bump maps as well as the Splatmap Textures into Atlas... But I can't get GLSL to properly read RANGING or RECTS without leaving EDGE SEAMS...

Gott fix that (OR PULL TERRAIN BUILDER FEATURES) :(

8 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

Terrains (which is a big part of Environment Scene Creation) is screwed up... Basically I need to be able to do a Texture Atlas... Without texture atlas... there is no point trying to get what could amount to 28 additional textures (other than already being used in the shader pipeline). The MAX_TEXTURE_LIMIT is a problem... esecially on mobile.... But I have encoded all texture splats and bump maps as well as the Splatmap Textures into Atlas... But I can't get GLSL to properly read RANGING or RECTS without leaving EDGE SEAMS...

Gott fix that (OR PULL TERRAIN BUILDER FEATURES) :(

My general thought on this would be to look into Virtual Texturing as an extension for the Terrain builder SDK.

My 2 cents :)