Sign in to follow this  
Tom Atom

[Phaser] Sky Kid Mini

Hi,

Sky Kid Mini is new HTML5 version of legendary Sky Kid game form mid 80's (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Kid). Fly as far as you can, avoid obstacles and use collected stars to unlock all 5 different planes.

SkyKid1.thumb.jpg.f433385cf57d3f749b86c01588222f9a.jpg      SkyKid2.thumb.jpg.5f6796e7962eecbb1b39ec165e00eb00.jpg

Play the game here: http://www.bandainamcoent.fun/ww/html5gameplay/f0762cddd94f66e78f507fd63ebdad10/game/sky-kid-mini#2

Wow, you've got an actual official deal with Bandai Namco? Congratulations that is awesome.B)

Pretty cool game I like the pixel art, the controls reminds me of "Retry" by Rovio. :) Although I don't think the vertical layout is very optimal for this type of game. Btw why does the "enter initials" keep popping up? It doesn't remember my previous initials, and when I click "ENTER" it doesn't seem to do anything.

@BdR, @Karma Octopus  "enter initials" window is part of site framework around game. As the site is new, I think, they are still working on it. For me, enter button did not work too.

You are right, that landscape layout is better for this type of games. But I have experience, that if client is strongly targeting mobiles, they usually want portrait layout.

@BdR - some time ago I was searching internet for very old LCD game I remembered from school. I could not remember the name and now I see it in your signature! It was Highway :)

This is a great kind of game. Really enjoyed it, just agree landscape would have worked better but you have to follow client guidelines. Really smooth too, and a perfect finish. Great work.