Lucky Miner - Playing with mining odds on the Bitcoin blockchain

OkijinGames

Hello,

This one is not what I would call a "game" (unless you classify lotto-systems in that category), yet it is still 100% HTML5 canvas front end.

I created Lucky Miner to iterate on the idea that there is a nonzero probability for any miner to confirm a block before anyone else does on the bitcoin blockchain with a potential to earn 12.5 BTC ($57328 @ 4586.31 Oct. 9, 2017). The app implements an experimental “lottery-like” system running miners on a full "bitcoin node" back-end. Whenever a block is confirmed, one participant address is randomly picked up to collect the reward.

Here is the link:

http://blockonomy.org/apps/luckyminer/

I intend to explore more deeply how Bitcoin and more generally cryptocurrencies can be used in the gaming industry - several other projects like this one in the pipeline.

I have to admit I'm also looking into cryptocurrencies, expecially mining them as an alternative to adverts. It's something new as a concept, so it could work, but can also be a total flop - time will tell. Anyway, good luck with your endeavours!

1 hour ago, end3r said:

I have to admit I'm also looking into cryptocurrencies, expecially mining them as an alternative to adverts. It's something new as a concept, so it could work, but can also be a total flop - time will tell. Anyway, good luck with your endeavours!

Yes, some websites are apparently using client's CPU to contribute against their mining node instead of displaying adverts (not sure about that one, computer performance going down may actually be more of an annoyance than seeing an ad - although it can be balanced properly). Bitcoin CPU mining is worthless, for some cryptonight-based coins it may still work with many visitors (but for how long, difficulty is always going higher and any successful coin will attract more hash power... does not seem long term solution).

The technology itself is amazing and can bring fast and cheap transactions everywhere, blockchain could be used for decentralized /cross-game saves, gamer's id... 

Most important, cryptocurrencies need less volatility... would be pretty annoying to find out that the 0.001 bitcoin you used to remove ads in a game could get you a car a year later (e.g. like this guy who bought a pizza for $5M). There is so much speculation and craziness, it makes it hard to develop stable business solutions. Hopefully the craze will go down and people will start looking at how the technology can serve - not the speculative side of it.

Yeah, right now it's more like crazy market with stock prices going up and down all the time rather than a stable currency with reasonable exchange rate, but there are already some interesting ways to use blockchain with cryptocurrencies, and the pioneers may (or may not) have an advantage in the future.

1 hour ago, end3r said:

Yeah, right now it's more like crazy market with stock prices going up and down all the time rather than a stable currency with reasonable exchange rate, but there are already some interesting ways to use blockchain with cryptocurrencies, and the pioneers may (or may not) have an advantage in the future.

The real pioneer (David Shaum with DigiCash) actually went bankrupt... he was too early on the market. Blockchain technology has amazing potential

• 1 month later...

You're right, you must treat with caution the cryptocurrency. I think in the near future real money will disappear, so I plan to start investing money in various crypto-currencies. first of all I want to buy bitcoins. I am sure that this is a good investment (by the way, here's a good guide for the newcomer https://bitcoinbestbuy.com). But I have not yet decided which currency I should buy. Will someone help me? 

• 4 weeks later...

@AlectoraIt may be out of topic but I have been focusing 100% on cryptocurrencies for the last 2 months. And we have now reached almost $1M market cap (https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/magnet/btc). Note that we did not use ICO, the project was 100% bootstrap. if interested in learning more check out my blog (http://blockonomy.org/blog/magnet121/) , this week we will also release more information and roadmap on the website.