Playground editor cursor mis-aligned in Chrome

FunFetched

Hi, guys. I'm having some cursor-alignment issues with the latest Playground editor. I suspect is has something to do with the new navigator pane, but I can't be certain. I've attached an image showing where my mouse cursor is, vs. where the text cursor ends up when I click. If I were to type at this moment, characters would be inserted immediately after the 'V' (where the mouse is), with the text cursor lagging behind. The problem is more profound the closer you get to the right-side of the window.

I'm using Chrome 61 on a MacBook Pro. This doesn't appear to be a problem in Firefox or Safari.

cursorbug.png

Edit: Speaking of Firefox! I just noticed that using the arrow keys to manipulate a FreeCamera causes the entire window to scroll slightly. Don't forget that event.preventDefault()! :)

6 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

I suspect a cache issue. Clear your cache and try again

I've just tested and it works here

Odd. Just cleared everything, restarted Chrome, and the problem persists. It's really strange; seems like a rendering issue. The X coordinate of the cursor seems like it's scaled to match the window minus the nav pane, while the rest of the element isn't taking it into account. Sometimes, it even winds up smack in the center of a letter. Even Google Canary exhibits the same problem. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a bug in Chrome.

I'm getting the same issue in Chrome on a macbook pro, but works fine in ff. Works fine in everything on a Windows machine, so could be a webkit bug in macOS?

Also, a local build of the playground from a week or two back works fine, so some change since then has triggered this.

• 1 month later...