[Phaser] Pirates! - the match 3

Tom Atom

After long development time we finally released our game "Pirates! - the match 3". It is full blown match 3 game with many levels in two worlds. Players are given various tasks like dig treasures, fight enemies, open chests, cut through jungle and others. It also features many gem combinations - not only you can create classic row/column destroyer and bomb, but you can try to combine these to create much stronger effects. Game has great music, lot of animations and speaking parrot!

59f199d71ed45_Snmekobrazovky2017-10-23v17_40_25.thumb.jpg.b76f2240c364a72b1b581434a124d963.jpg59f199d7adc82_Snmekobrazovky2017-10-23v17_40_49.thumb.jpg.57be88a2f5b6ebbf23981102e78278e6.jpg59f199d826cd1_Snmekobrazovky2017-10-23v17_42_26.thumb.jpg.a90807236854474dbcb3244310720ea9.jpg

59f199d8a198a_Snmekobrazovky2017-10-23v17_44_12.thumb.jpg.0c66387d566a2c9202514ff198b26f79.jpg59f199d9a034d_Snmekobrazovky2017-10-23v17_44_56.thumb.jpg.c4dadf7aa0f8028a414455d19f468e1c.jpg59f199db8980c_Snmekobrazovky2017-10-23v18_01_26.thumb.jpg.6c7d33422f939cd1499c7cfa1120c907.jpg

You can play it here at Famobi: https://play.famobi.com/pirates-the-match-3

Or you can get iOS version at iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pirates-the-match-3/id1282267161
(iOS version is Cordova wrap)

For Android we rewrote whole game into Unity - it is identical: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbcgames.pirates Why we did so? There is limited amount of iOS devices, but all have today enough performance to run game smooth. On Android, there is wide range of devices and some are really low level. Unity version allows us to bring smooth experience even to those devices (and the same is for low end Windows Phone devices)

And of course, we are still licensing it! If you are sponsor and you like it, do not hesitate to contact us.

@Mike018 - all older devices that use Android Stock browser and some mid old devices. My ASUS Memo pad is mid level device and it runs smooth, but sometimes it had some glitches - not serious (so, I personally take it as border between performance levels). For Windows Phone, Lumia 532 is device I test on and it can run HTML5 games, but if you have more than 8-10 draw calls it slows a lot. One of our older games used Box2D plugin and it was killer for it (we had to remove lot of effects and decrease physics update to 30/sec) while it still could easily handle native version with 50/sec and all effects.

9 hours ago, Tom Atom said:

Thanks! Which criteria we do not meet? We did all they needed :)

Your game doesn't work on landscape mode and in portrait mode you have grey bar bottom. As I know Famobi (and others publishers) wants this feature - to work on Portrait and Landscape mode in mobile browsers.

3 hours ago, gonzos said:

Your game doesn't work on landscape mode and in portrait mode you have grey bar bottom. As I know Famobi (and others publishers) wants this feature - to work on Portrait and Landscape mode in mobile browsers.

- Famobi does not request landscape mode. They requirements just say: "In best case, your game is playable in portrait and landscape and has a responsive UI which adapts to the orientation." I read it as advantage if game can be played in both orientations, but not requirement. Beside this they do not state prefered orientation. My experience is, that if publisher is also running games on mobile devices, they prefer portrait to landscape. In past we already worked with Famobi - one landscape (only) game and one portrait (only game) and some exclusive work for them on portrait games,
 - there should be no bars on screen (just tested it on iPad and Android device and it looks OK) - also color of bar you are speaking about is strange (grey). If there was any bar, it would be either filled with blue waves pattern or with solid black. Game scales well to any resolution. If between iPad and iPhone aspect ratios (two extremes) then there is no stretching. If beyond extremes then stretching comes into play.

I just talking from my experience.This is what I get in email what they need.
"- full responsive games for both orientations (playable in portrait as well as landscape) with a dynamic UI that adapts to the orientation"

Anyway, I play your game  on my Huawei Android and I get grey bar bottom. 

On 26.10.2017 at 11:38 AM, Tom Atom said:

On Android, there is wide range of devices and some are really low level.

Have you tried using delta time trick? Multipling all speed variables and dividing all timers by delta variable will give you the same game speed on all FPS (just smoother on higher ones). In our case using delta time gave a pretty smooth experience with 30 FPS (with 60 initial) on Samsung Galaxy S3's stock browser which is 2012 and had very poor HTML5/canvas support even for its time.