SpaceToast

Referencing Lights Imported From Blender

How would I reference a light imported from Blender? I'm appending a scene with a directional light (sun) as follows:

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Append("", "museumScene.babylon", scene);

Now, if I add a "fire when fully imported" function to return the array of lights in the scene, I see my sun in the console just as I'd expect:

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Append("", "museumScene.babylon", scene, console.log(scene.lights));

However, if I try to reference the sun in the normal way, I only get null:

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Append("", "museumScene.babylon", scene, console.log(scene.getLightByName("sun")));

SpaceToast!  heh.  What a great name. 

I wonder what a scene.render() BEFORE the console.log... would do.

I wonder what scene lights could be found in... scene.executeWhenReady(function() { here } );

Just a couple of things to try.  Probably nothing useful, though.  :)

Your intuition was right, Wingnut. Not a Babylon problem. It was one of those Javascript issues I can never seem to keep straight:

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Append("", "museumScene.babylon", scene, function() {console.log(scene.getLightByName("sun"));});

...creates a find-the-sun function that will be called when the loader finishes. This works!

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Append("", "museumScene.babylon", scene, console.log(scene.getLightByName("sun")));

...fires console.log() immediately when Append() runs, rather than waiting for the loader to finish. Hence, so sun!