[WIP / Alpha] Star Sovereign, a 2d realtime multiplayer HTML5 space shooter

Star Sovereign

Hi all,

I've been working on Star Sovereign for a few months now, and it's starting to come together-  but it still needs a lot of polish and new features.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could give it a whirl and provide some constructive criticism, and maybe have some fun while you're at it.  It's free, no email registration required, etc.

The goal of the game is to work with your teammates to attack and destroy the opposing team's star, while defending your own.  The control scheme can be found on the game's main page.

post-6447-0-45974200-1390875183_thumb.pn

Link to the game's website: http://starsovereign.com (just click "Play" from there to jump on in).

Looking forward to participating here in the forum and trying out some of your games as well!

Regards,

SS

I like it :)
I feel it plays a bit slow at the moment, the movement that will change when you get other players.
Maybe you can explain a bit more about the game play, how you work together to a common goal,
I like games were working together makes it better instead.

Your teammates are bots or you have plans for multiplayer?

Regards,

Tek

Tek,

By slow, do you mean frame-rate wise?  Or it's boring to fly around with no other players online?

Regarding game play, you'll have to work and communicate with your team to defend critical choke points so that the opponents cannot get to (or damage) your star.  Likewise, you'll have to find vulnerable spots to attack the other team's star.  My intention is to add multiple classes (fighter, defender, scout), each having their own special abilities and statistics that will add a new dimension to the strategies and tactics that can be employed.

Currently there are no bots.  The only way you can play is online with other real people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...