Test on all the devices you don't have - browserstack.com

spelagon

Hi,

Stumbled upon this browserstack site a couple of weeks ago.  It lets you test your HTML5 game, or any webpage actually, on lots of different browsers and desktop/mobile/tablet devices. It even lets you test web pages on your internal network by using a tunnel. They are using official emulators for the devices but its nice to have everything in one place and not having to install hundreds of apps/sdks etc.

I tried a couple of android smartphones and its not quite like using them IRL of course, but at least you get a good idea of performance, rendering, orientation and size issues. Pricing is OK for indies, free trial available too. I recommend trying their service unless you already have real testing devices or have installed all emulators  :)

(I have no connection to them whatsoever, just wanted to share the info)

www.browserstack.com

I'll have to try the trial but looks interesting, specially for indies who can't afford to buy more than 1 or 2 devices.

Although up until now I've been using the Appmobi's XDK which also let's you test on multiple devices, I don't know how accurate it is but at least it's free.

You can find it on Chrome store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/html5m-xdk/onmkoldigcfmebcinpmineoadckalllb?hl=en

Edit: Looks like it was updated yesterday to version 2.0, now it's called HTML5m XDK instead of Appmobi and the list of devices was updated aswell.

http://www.html5m.com/