Phaser.CANVAS, Phaser.WEBGL or Phaser.AUTO ?

Biggerplay

Here is a big tutorial which should answer your questions, as I reckon you'll have the same ones regarding legacy audio and WebAudio :)

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-learn-the-phaser-html5-game-engine--gamedev-13643

Thanks, the main reason I ask though is more to do with the position sponsors are taking, i'e SpilGames not wanting WebGL.

Mostly you can just set it to AUTO and not worry about it, even for sponsors. What I'm sure Spil mean is that they won't license WebGL only games, because there are so few mobile devices that can run them - it's just not worth it for them. However if your game is going to run across desktop and mobile, there is no reason at all why you shouldn't support WebGL there if available. So long as it falls back to canvas with no impact on the game itself I reckon they would be cool with that.

• 3 years later...
On 1/31/2014 at 11:07 PM, rich said:

Mostly you can just set it to AUTO and not worry about it, even for sponsors. What I'm sure Spil mean is that they won't license WebGL only games, because there are so few mobile devices that can run them - it's just not worth it for them. However if your game is going to run across desktop and mobile, there is no reason at all why you shouldn't support WebGL there if available. So long as it falls back to canvas with no impact on the game itself I reckon they would be cool with that.

Can you please give examples of cases when it should not be set to AUTO?
I'm currently working on a game and when I set it to AUTO the fps is 3-8 on iOS (iPhone 6) but with CANVAS it jumps to 59!