In-Game Advertising for HTML5 games

AlgoGames

Guys,

We are now in Jan 2018 and all threads related to HTML5 in-game advertisements are at least a year or a couple years old so I wanted to get feedback from the community on what are the latest options out there. If I have my own portal and want to embed in-game advertisements then which vendors are best to work with. When I do a Google search it seems like there are many and all claims to be the best in the business which is why I am here to seek advice. If in stead of publishing on my own portal, I simply want to distribute my games with in-game advertisements then which vendors are best to work with. I have already tried to apply for Adsense for HTML5 but wont get any response from Google so I guess I should be looking outside for other vendors.

I'll give you our personal experience of different ad networks:

Google AdSense for Html5 games - you are right, they are in beta and it need approval from Google to be able to use the service. CPM is around $3. No problems with payment or anything. That's our only network atm. and I think it'll stay like that. 

Leadbolt - CPM was close to nothing (like $0.001). We were testing that few years ago, I don't know if it got any better.

AppNext - we had pretty sweet CPM (around $6 - especially on iOS). It was working nicely until one day I got an email saying our account has been deleted because we supposedly violated the terms. No explanation was given as to what wrong we actually did. They took our monthly earnings (all good accordingly to the terms). I tried to contact them over email but they said they can't give me any additional information.

28 minutes ago, dcgames said:

I recently registered for gamedistribution.com. Since I am still working on my new game, I shall have some feedback in next few days once the game is ready. I am curious to know if someone does have experience with them.

Hi, try to read this post 

1 hour ago, Anders Athletic Design said:

On par with Mochi for Flash games. Basically I earn much more from standard Adsense on the games webpage, but I certainly haven't had any issues with payments or support. I have not used them for HTMl5-games yet.

Thanks for your feedback. I am actually going to try them for HTML5 games and have got approval from them as well so I shall have some feedback of my own in some time.

The beauty of web is that we can advertise whatever we want in our HTML5 games.  There's no need to rely on third party ad-networks who insist we accept a fraction of the publishing value (while running the risk of not getting paid because of some vague violation claim upstream).

That being said, I'd never recommend putting ads in a game that wasn't being played at least 20,000 times a day.  Regular ads are usually counter productive to growth - so best to keep them away from early stage games.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

In response to the question about GameDistribution, I've used them both as a developer and publisher and are happy with them.  Can't really speak to if the money is great or not as the games I publish mainly are math games and won't get as many plays as other non-educational type games.  Plus I mainly publish the games for getting traffic to my site rather than revenue so it isn't a big concern with me.   I've had one developer tell me the most he made off any of his games was under $30 a month but it was a simple puzzle game.  I can also say when I've had issues or questions in the past they are very responsive.

I came across this thread looking for ad options for games on my site that I don't want to distribute which leaves GameDistribution out (I think but need to check with them).  So I'm still curious about the status of CPMStar and Google Adsense for HTML5 games.  I mainly use Construct 3 for my games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 10:54 PM, Junjo said:

Hi all,

So currently, the only viable option for html5 is Google adsense?

I did use CPMStar years ago for flash (they still send some buck from time to time), but I though they don't have htm5 option for games, do they?

You can use CPMStar ads for Html5 games. If you already have been using them for Flash games, you should just be able to ask them.