nkholski

Generic platformer boilerplate

I created a Phaser 3 - ES6 - Webpack-repository a couple of months ago (or more accurately made a quite ugly update of an existing repository).

A few days ago I replaced the simple bundled examples with a, let's call it "generic platformer". This is the result of exploring the Phaser 3 API and I plan to continue to improve it (but not create a complete game because of obvious copyright reasons). Feel free to check it out: https://github.com/nkholski/phaser3-es6-webpack

I aim to tidy up the code and add comments in time for the release of Phaser 3. I haven't managed to get deploy to work properly though which means I can't offer a playable demo. I ran out of ideas on how to update the webpack-configuration file so I decided to share the project now so that I might find someone to assist me.

Questions, suggestions and contributions are all more than welcome.

smb-phaser3-short.gif.beb9ea7b7d6781bd72d6e55c76029139.gif

I've added touch controls tonight to be able to check performance on mobiles. There is no lag at all on my Honor 8 from 2016 and I've done nothing to optimize the code. Phaser 3 is going to be great!

You can try it by the link provided above. Note that the touch controls are just a quick test to be able to move Mario at all, and not what touch controls could be in a real game.

I'm happy to hear that. Please let me know if you think I should add something in particular. I'm thinking about title screen to demonstrate going between scenes and fireballs in a pool.

I would be a bit cautious learning webpack from the project though. Most of the time I have no clue what I'm doing and when I guessed something that works I stay with it. :-)

I updated the repository to Phaser 3.0.0 earlier today btw.

I added a title screen running the game itself in a parallel scene in attract mode. The attract mode was made by recording my gameplay in a json and then repeat it. It's buggy and does weird things from time to time due to non-deterministic physics, but I think it looks kind of cool anyway.

I also updated the repository. What I really should have done was to clean up the code (and remove some pre-release solutions) but now I added more spaghetti code than ever when hacking in the attract mode.

5a89ecd18969c_Peek2018-02-1822-14.gif.45a56b3126ea6c070b175da3cb513deb.gif