GoldFire

[Phaser] Exocraft - Build, Battle and Mine on a Dying Alien World

We’ve been working part-time on our own take on the IO game for close to a year. Exocraft is an action/strategy persistent MMO that is focused around more depth and progression than most IO games. You start as a small mining vessel and build up your unique ship using dozens of available parts. Team up with others to mine and battle planetary defenses on a dying alien world for resources, or compete in skirmish-style tournaments to reach the top.

The game is built with Phaser-CE on the client and uses a custom server built with Node.js, MongoDB and Redis -- backed by our own GoldFire platform for signup/login, communication, achievements, etc. All players are in the same world, so there are no servers to choose from. As more players come online, the world will dynamically size up and down to fit the number of players and maintain resource balance.

You can play now at https://exocraft.io, and any feedback is greatly appreciated!

T8tfDCO.jpg

ZLIbtXZ.jpg

4gWKUDF.jpg

2V9caY5.jpg

iHHdJ7F.jpg

i8DQb8A.jpg

An awnsome game !!!.

I especially liked the atmosphere created by the music, and how it merges with the notes that the collection of crystals generates.

Another interesting detail is that you can see how crystals are generated by the fall of meteorites.

I found some difficulty in planning my strategy due to the lack of information in the hangar shop about the usefulness of each item (maybe some tooltip on items). Other example: I did not find how many points of life are left for my ship (an important fact to decide to attack or withdraw).

Congratulations for the game.

Regards.

2 hours ago, onlycape said:

I did not find how many points of life are left for my ship (an important fact to decide to attack or withdraw).

FYI, each part of your exocraft has its own condition status. As it takes damage, it will darken from impacts. Eventually it will start smoking and catch fire, then finally get destroyed. At any time before it blows up you can head back to the hangar to repair individual parts or the whole ship.

Brilliant game, absolutely love the graphics and movement. The tutorial is great but still a little cloudy on the damage and fixing the ship.
Takes a bit of playing to get used to but all in all a definite success. Hoping to see this get popular and grow! Great work.

Awesome game, and beautiful graphics like stated above.

I've noticed some weird lag issues but I could only imagine with the amount of players playing. Great job and keep up the good work!

Hi @GoldFire,

I found a little bug in the game after a server lag. Now my minimum cargo level is -9% and the maximum 91%.

It seems that you did not expect the game to have so many players. It gives the impression that the server is going to explode at any time. :D

Good luck with the updates!!

Regards.

We've now moved all of our hosting from AWS to DigitalOcean and have gotten noticeably better performance for a significantly lower cost (we'll be doing a tech writeup as soon as we get some spare time). We've also got several big updates to the gameplay coming soon (focus has been on bugs and performance so far).

We've released several huge updates over the last few weeks, including:

• Drone evolutions (with 18 new drone types)
  • Daily Bounties
  • Crates with Power-Ups
  • Improved server performance
  • Overhauled battled mechanics
  • Improved Team Race scoring
  • Lots of new and improved artwork
  • Loads of bug fixes and general improvements