faboon

C# port of Phaser for desktop games

I know this isn't to do with html5 development but I'm not sure where to start this topic.

Has anyone tried to port Phaser to C# so they can make desktop games?

I saw a post about Retyped but that looks like it's designed to compile back to javascript.

It would be interesting to see if there is a port already as I'm not having much luck with MonoGame on Linux and I'm so comftable with Phaser.

Are there any reasons why it would not be a good idea. Obviously it would need to use different libraries.

38 minutes ago, PsichiX said:

TL;DW: too much code to write, too small benefit - you can already make game for Steam with phaser.

Would the performance not be better with native c# though? And it could potential be compiled to other platforms.

Node Webkit or Electron will get your game onto Windows, OS X and Linux with minimal effort. Cordova will get it into a native app for iOS / Android. Anything else (i.e. console) would be out of reach anyway, even if it was C#.

50 minutes ago, rich said:

Node Webkit or Electron will get your game onto Windows, OS X and Linux with minimal effort. Cordova will get it into a native app for iOS / Android. Anything else (i.e. console) would be out of reach anyway, even if it was C#.

What would it take to render to OpenGL though? I guess that would be quite a performance boost?

4 hours ago, rich said:

I need to educate myself more. I thought you could just compile C++/C# to any console. And I thought C# would run faster.

Cheers for the info.